No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn has made Deontay Wilder a new offer Guarantee + Percentage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    dude how does he deserve 15 million dollars when he made a counter offer for 50 million dollars to joshua ? that was before the fury fight. the idea that deontay wilder needs tyson fury for the joshua fight to be big in las vegas borders on the absurd and shows that you truly have no idea what youa re talking abotu. vegas is the largest collection of 4 star hotels in the english speaking world. they pay YOU to fight there. hopkins - calzaghe did more at the gate than joshua - klitshcko in wembley stadium. really. the GDP of the united states is 10X that of england. there is a state right next to nevada, called california, with a bigger economy than your entire country. let that sink in, too! you have no idea how big this fight would be, absolutely none, if you think that 15 million dollars to wilder is in line with a fair purse for a HW fight a of this magnitude.

in las vegas and with proper promotion this is a bigger fight than canelo - golovkin. a 50 million dollar offer corroborates that. haymon and showtime, certainly two en****** with deep enough pockets, were ready to bankroll this fight this year and assume the risk of offering anthony joshua, who isn't even their fighter, the biggest guarantee of all time at HW.

if all of that [and there is much, much more material!] isn't enough to get you to understand that eddie hearn was offering something that was designed to be turned down, there is not a ton i'm goign to be able to do for you. you just don't understand boxing or have some kind of a dog in this fight.

make no mistake, america has had a dominant HW champion before. deontay wilder is nothing new to us. this generation of british fans that are paying most of eddie hearn's bills are not objective boxing fans, they're converted football fans who want to get drunk at a big stadium and see their guy win. they don't look into it a ton more than that. do you want to be that guy? or do you want to look into it more than that?
    good post, they got a decent fighter and lost their marbles, parker deserved a percentage but not wilder? with a logic like that its hard to take any of them serious. And don't waste your time bringing up the $50mil to those guys, to them it never existed and will never be taken into consideration. In their eyes Aj didn't turn it down and go silent for almost 2.5 months then popped back up on instagram hanging upside down. THAT NEVER HAPPENED

Comment

Eddie could tell some of you "I Walked On Water" "I Brought Someone Back From The Dead" and some of you would believe it.

Eddie is about to serve UK Fans Sh_t with the AJ vs Whyte fight and the reason they're going to use is that 'We're Making This Fight Because Wilder Doesn't Want To Fight" and guess what Dummies are going to eat that sh_t up and repost stuff like "Find Your Pen Wilder" "Eddie Hearn Said..."

F_ck off Eddie, let him focus on Fury. December 3rd the Monday after December 1st you can then make your revised offer IF he beats Fury first

Comment

Well let sit down and talk business then. That's a bold start by Eddie if it's true and if he really wants the fight. However, Eddie does lies so much that you can't trust a a single word coming out of his mouth. So one must tread very slowly with him and take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          Canelo vs GGG (One of boxings biggest fights) was negotiated, signed and delivered before the big PPV Canelo vs Chavez and was announced in the ring after. AJ vs Vlad (One of boxings heavyweight fights in a while) was negotiated, signed and delivered before AJ vs Molina.
          Both of those fights were tune ups and nothing more. Hearn has been running around talking about April fight since early September and needing to have it signed ASAP. A fight that would have been 7 months away and now throws out this December date that coincidentally is that day the Fury/Wilder fight is taking place? They should wait till after the fight, Fury/Wilder could end up having a rematch and there's the thing of what Networks will show it, will it be SKY and Showtime PPV or DAZN?

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Haha what utter Bull****!! None of the whole first paragraph has anything to do with the fight, it sounded like a Donald Trump nonsense rant. Has nothing to do with what fighters get paid. Must still be sore from the ass rape you received in the Ryder Cup.

Fact is the $50 million offer was not explored in any great detail because Team Joshua were not willing to concede home advantage. In the UK Hearn is on record as saying he thinks the fight is worth £50 million in total. So in a sense they offered Wilder 30%, obviously no one knows what the actuals will be, but to achieve £50 million, it would have to do record breaking numbers on all fronts.

The part you are correct about is that I also believe the flat fee was designed to be turned down, but at the same time, I think it's pretty close to where Wilder would end up with a % based on forecasted numbers. It's over 3x his biggest pay day, will Joshua make 3x times more than usual? No. He will make more, but prob doesn't even make double.

Lastly $50 mill is roughly £38 mill, so in actuality he doesn't make much more, and certainly not enough to warrant going to the B sides country.

Fact is the fight will need to do well over 1 million ppv buys to warrant those types of purses in the US, but neither fighter has a proven track record in that market, it would be a relative shot in the dark, so if Joshua only made his guarantee it's not worth it. Did the $50 million come out of his mouth? Yes, but once they considered all factors, they decided it wasn't worth it, smart if you ask me. There is no place for bravado when it comes to the business side. Only an idiot in Joshua's position takes that offer. He will make that in 2 fights anyway.

Regardless the poster you are talking to has been posting here a long time, so not sure WTF you are talking about. Don't paint everyone with the same brush if they don't agree with you. Maybe you should look into it more

how in the f#cking world does that make any sense, not bother you, or not quack like a duck?

"we understand that the fight makes more in the US, but we are still the A side and want the fight here."

50 million flat aiwth an upside corroborates that the fight is bigger in the US. al haymon and CBS, who forgot more about megafights than 39 year old eddie hearn knows. las vegas will do more on the gambling tables in half an hour than the entire gate at wembley. the problem here is that eddie hearn is not dumb and knows this, he's playing his own fans to try and push this fight off until it can't be pushed off any longer. he has actually said this! my guess has always been the second half of 2019. we will see if he can push it off that long.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
              good post, they got a decent fighter and lost their marbles, parker deserved a percentage but not wilder? with a logic like that its hard to take any of them serious. And don't waste your time bringing up the $50mil to those guys, to them it never existed and will never be taken into consideration. In their eyes Aj didn't turn it down and go silent for almost 2.5 months then popped back up on instagram hanging upside down. THAT NEVER HAPPENED

never happened

make no mistake, i don't think joshua is afraid. i pick him to beat wilder, i think he's a better boxer and that there's enough of a gap in class for that to matter. but you bet your ass that hearn understands how much less valuable his asset will be if wilder lands one big shot. literally one big shot is all it will take to derail the joshya train and send him into a rebuild and drop a zero off of the checks he gets. eddie's not ready for that yet.

and i don't blame hearn, the guy is a businessman and he's maximizing the long term profitablity of an asset. but FFS these shirelings need to shut the f#ck up and understand that thay aren't the A side if the fight makes 2-3 X more money in las vegas than it does in england.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Those were bs fights to "tune up" doe.

Wilder vs Fury is a more competitive fight & generally guys don't make deals before a big fight for a bigger fight after that. I can't even think of an example of that happening although I'd bet its happened before, but its not something thats standard at all. I think you hurt your leverage by doing so. Its a risk, but boxers are taking risks all the time cuz any L is gonna f#ck up your money. Joshua was taking a risk fighting Povetkin. Every move you make has some risk involved & sometimes you'll f#ck up your money, but its still the right +EV move to wait to make a deal.
                Only fight I could remember was Mayweather vs Judah for the undisputed at 147. That was made before Judah fought Baldomir, and Judah ended up losing. Which screwed everything up and had to rework the contract. Floyd ended up fighting Judah for the IBF and then Baldomir for the rest of the titles. Yet Floyd gets **** for fighting Baldomir.

Comment

This is the real pr stunt, hearn knew he looked bad for how he acted during the last negotiations, what changed between then and now? Why wasnt it a percentage offer then? You hearniacs needed new material and now this is your new argument. You all know damn well it makes no sense for wilder to negotiate while he is promoting his fight with fury, nor would none of you advise your fighter to negotiate a fight before his current fight that could get him more leverage. At some point you all need to be real with yourselves. If hearn wanted this fight he would have at least offered wilder 35% but instead all of the flat fee talks that you all defended knowing damn well wilder wasnt going to bite, and then when he did accept for it to be this year the mandatory popped up and became an issue. What is the sudden rush? Dillian whyte wont be a hard fight to negotiate in january. Stop with these pathetic mind games.
                  Last edited by uppercut510; 10-03-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    Only fight I could remember was Mayweather vs Judah for the undisputed at 147. That was made before Judah fought Baldomir, and Judah ended up losing. Which screwed everything up and had to rework the contract. Floyd ended up fighting Judah for the IBF and then Baldomir for the rest of the titles. Yet Floyd gets **** for fighting Baldomir.
                    And that's why you never negotiate a fight with one signed unless it's a tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      never happened

make no mistake, i don't think joshua is afraid. i pick him to beat wilder, i think he's a better boxer and that there's enough of a gap in class for that to matter. but you bet your ass that hearn understands how much less valuable his asset will be if wilder lands one big shot. literally one big shot is all it will take to derail the joshya train and send him into a rebuild and drop a zero off of the checks he gets. eddie's not ready for that yet.

and i don't blame hearn, the guy is a businessman and he's maximizing the long term profitablity of an asset. but FFS these shirelings need to shut the f#ck up and understand that thay aren't the A side if the fight makes 2-3 X more money in las vegas than it does in england.
                      I don't think aj is afraid either, but I think he lacks confidence due to hearn and the media and its messing with his head. I have wilder winning because aj is an ortho who does not move his head well and is a sucker for an overhand or straight right if its set up properly. I don't think aj can avoid that right hand for 12 rounds.... but AJ can definitely win if he can and if he lands a punch to end it and I have no issue with posters who think so. but this diva roll he and his fans have taken is absolutely disgusting.

And Yes I understand Hearn is a business man but fans are not business men and should not be defending all his lies and contradictions. Hearn is very good at what he does but the way his fanatics act like everything he does and says is gold is sickening.

Comment

Working...
                      X