Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Wilder is Better Champion, Slightly Ahead of Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
    Joshua climbed to the top of the mountain and then built a wall around it. Wilder is the foreign invader and much feared and demands that Joshua tear down the wall. Joshua buries his head and trembles with fear at this mighty conqueror who will hand him his head on a platter. All this is of course metaphorically speaking.

Thanks for confirming that it was a metaphor! I was about to report it to the U.N.

Hey listen, AJ has climbed the mountain and has met every obstacle SO FAR. Wilder expects to take the ski lift up.

My point here is this: he can be the man on the mountain. He has to overcome an obstacle first and that’s to sign the contract. Suck it up and accept that you’re not the big man in these negotiations yet and you CAN BE. IF you win this fight.

Is he really interested in legacy like he says he is, however? How badly does he really want to be the man on that peak? All the signs - to me - are contradictory to this sentiment and point to short-termism; a man who wants to cash out as quickly as possible. And who can blame him? Get out with money in the pocket and be with your young family. But he can’t fool me like he has done a substantial amount of his fans.

He wants a bigger percentage of this revenue than he has earned simply by screaming about it, when he could have been the one in AJ’s position. The tactic might work and he might gain a substantial amount more than was initially offered and may acquire a money spinning rematch and if so, fair play to him. But don’t tell me it’s about legacy. Don’t tell me AJ’s the fearful one when I see fear from Wilder’s side because i’m telling you now, if gets the deal he wants, he won’t care if he loses twice in a row and mark my words: the fight(s) against AJ will be his last boxing match because he will choose to retire a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
      Thanks for confirming that it was a metaphor! I was about to report it to the U.N.

Hey listen, AJ has climbed the mountain and has met every obstacle SO FAR. Wilder expects to take the ski lift up.

My point here is this: he can be the man on the mountain. He has to overcome an obstacle first and that’s to sign the contract. Suck it up and accept that you’re not the big man in these negotiations yet and you CAN BE. IF you win this fight.

Is he really interested in legacy like he says he is, however? How badly does he really want to be the man on that peak? All the signs - to me - are contradictory to this sentiment and point to short-termism; a man who wants to cash out as quickly as possible. And who can blame him? Get out with money in the pocket and be with your young family. But he can’t fool me like he has done a substantial amount of his fans.

He wants a bigger percentage of this revenue than he has earned simply by screaming about it, when he could have been the one in AJ’s position. The tactic might work and he might gain a substantial amount more than was initially offered and may acquire a money spinning rematch and if so, fair play to him. But don’t tell me it’s about legacy. Don’t tell me AJ’s the fearful one when I see fear from Wilder’s side because i’m telling you now, if gets the deal he wants, he won’t care if he loses twice in a row and mark my words: the fight(s) against AJ will be his last boxing match because he will choose to retire a rich man.

Further to this, I see a parallel: Deontay Wilder = Ronda Rousey. Discuss

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
        I seen fury on ghost busters... stay puff the marshmallow man.. lol. Post fight Fury 27-1 20 kos.. Wilder 41-0 40 kos!! WBC and lineal champion.. AJ will definitely have to sweeten the pot now or its going to look bad!
        The 'Bronze-Bomber' is the A side without a doubt - offered that coward 50 million like you said by then hes 41-0 40 and THE lineal champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          That's currently the inner city thug culture enjoyed by these Wilder fans. Today's boxing culture in the USA with its fighters emulates that of the rap industry. These are uneducated and entitled people who never had to work a real job in their life and expect everything handed to them based on their minority status. This translates directly to the call out and then avoid strategy most USA fighters employ today. It's a disgusting culture.
          No no no no no!!! That's not what I was talking about at all. Please don't try to attach me to that tirade of ignorance you just spewed. First of all, a large percentage of the people that indulge themselves in, promote and profit off of the fake rap industry are white males. So don't give me that bull**** line about entitled because of their minority status. And the call out and avoid is what GGG did with Andre Ward. Its what Sergey Kovalev did with Adonis Stevenson. Its what Manny Pacquiao did for years with Floyd Mayweather. All of the perpetrators are non american and non minority status individuals in their respective countries of origin. And the people that they did it against were all american inner city minorities like myself. The only reason I'm going so hard on Wilder is because he is behaving exactly like some of those "others" above.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            What is battle rap? Never heard of it sounds stupid you are just talking SMACK like you are a KING OF THE DOT you are just HOLLOW DA DON. Nothing BIGG K about what you are saying it’s all LOADED........Ok that Was s#hit ,apologies
            Lol. Yeah all of that nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by peplz View Post
              No no no no no!!! That's not what I was talking about at all. Please don't try to attach me to that tirade of ignorance you just spewed. First of all, a large percentage of the people that indulge themselves in, promote and profit off of the fake rap industry are white males. So don't give me that bull**** line about entitled because of their minority status. And the call out and avoid is what GGG did with Andre Ward. Its what Sergey Kovalev did with Adonis Stevenson. Its what Manny Pacquiao did for years with Floyd Mayweather. All of the perpetrators are non american and non minority status individuals in their respective countries of origin. And the people that they did it against were all american inner city minorities like myself. The only reason I'm going so hard on Wilder is because he is behaving exactly like some of those "others" above.
              Tell him bro. ... Muz is harmless though, just bitter his mixed raced kids don’t want nothing to do with him

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                Are you ok? Why do you think he’s getting a flat fee? Because right now he’s not as known as he should be. That’s why Hearn wanted him to fight Whyte first which I’m sure would’ve led to a % split. Honestly I do not see the problem in a 15 mil flat fee offer if you’ve sold 0 ppvs and your career high pay day is 2 million. This fight will probably be on ppv so going forward he will probably get a split as this fight will raise his profile. What was it I said you didn’t understand?
                Im good...I didn't say I didnt understand, I said it didnt make sense. There is a difference. All of what you said is changing the subject. Im not talking about Whyte. And you are assuming it would've led to a % split. How do you know that? You may not see a problem with a 15 mil flat fee for a future fight but every other knowledgeable boxer and boxing fan does.

Now back to the original post. THink about it for a second before you get so defensive. How can he get a % split going forward as you say when the contract is offering a FLAT FEE for a fight in April 2019? Thats why I asked you if you see the problem with the flat fee. You are contradicting yourself. Thats the problem. He will definitley raise his profile by fighting Fury but the contract would still be for the SAME FLAT FEE OF 15 MIL even after Wilder would have increased his profile. Its not rocket science.

How can he get a percentage split if the contract is already made up for a flat fee? You're posts are weird so I have to ask questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
                  So did wilder. He just beat Ortiz who was undefeated and avoided like the plague. Before that he beat Gerald Washington who was also undefeated and ranked in the top ten. He also beat stiverne twice. Let's not forget that stiverne was considered the #2 heavyweight in the world the first time wilder schooled him for 12 rounds. What exactly am I missing here???
                  second time ive seen this on this site, lets just put an end to it now.. Stiverne has never been considered the #2 heavyweight in the world. simple as. so you're missing something fosho

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    Lolol no no nice try. I’m not new to boxing. I remember arreola as the guy who beat very very average fighters in travis Walker and Jameel McCline before almost getting bludgened to death by a recently returning Vitali klitchko before losing to a crusierweight in adamek. I do admit I didn’t know much about stiverne before he fought wilder apart from his wins against arreola which I remember thinking was a joke they fought for the vacant wbc belt despite him beating him months earlier. I knew wilder was going to beat him and in fact I was happy when he did because as far as I was concerned anyone who’s best win was arreola didn’t deserve to be anywhere near a world title.
                    Lol. Again....it just shows your new to this. Otherwise you probably would have known that stiverne was the mandatory for to Vitali for years and kept getting the run around as Vitali took easier fights. He fought Arreola the first time in a stay busy fight. The second time was for the belt he was mandatory to against Arreola again after Arreola knocked out Seth Mitchell in one. In my Roger Mayweather voice.......you don't know s#!t about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
                      second time ive seen this on this site, lets just put an end to it now.. Stiverne has never been considered the #2 heavyweight in the world. simple as. so you're missing something fosho

Ahhhh. Another one who don't know s#!t about boxing. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X