Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone went through "The Belt" during child hood?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone went through "The Belt" during child hood?

I remember when I was being stubborn as hell to the point I was throwing things that broke a glass, my mom was trying to calm me down, but then I kicked her on the feet, then finally she had enough and went upstairs and got a belt, hit me hard on the damn buttock.

Then after she just says "This is what happens when you miss behave and do this, you get punished, same goes when you are grown up, you'll get punished if you behave." And then that kept a mental note in me even till now. I went through the belt one time and never received it after.

How about you?

My dad gave me the belt.

Mom was more creative and used wirehangers and the wooden edge of a tennis racket.

My parents are cool as hell and very chill people. When I hangout with them now, I'm shocked to think that these people actually physically disciplined me.

I'm 35 now, but my parents would still whip me if they read half of the crap that I talk about on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post

Then after she just says "This is what happens when you miss behave and do this, you get punished, same goes when you are grown up, you'll get punished if you behave." And then that kept a mental note in me even till now. I went through the belt one time and never received it after.

When kids act up nowadays, parents just shove chicken mcnuggets down a child's throat and hope they stay quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        When kids act up nowadays, parents just shove chicken mcnuggets down a child's throat and hope they stay quiet.
        Yep, I'm trying to not make the same stupid mistake most parents does when they smother and pamper their children too much. My daughter is a year old now and i'm looking forward to raise her.

Comment

i remember more the time when the belt stopped getting the expected .

pops knew the game was over.

Comment

either too passive or too aggressive.

how can a parent, whos tired of their kid making noise, expect a beating to make them quiet ?

and while i survived my beatings and turned out ''just fine'', we dont know if any long/short term damage is done to a kids psyche.

im in the minority here but if a parent has to beat their kids, that parent needs parenting lessons.

no offense to any abusive BS.com parents

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Yep, I'm trying to not make the same stupid mistake most parents does when they smother and pamper their children too much. My daughter is a year old now and i'm looking forward to raise her.
            all i know is my sister, who grew to be a very wonderful young woman, made both my parents lose their hair.....and thats before she started dating.
            Last edited by Elroy The Great; 02-21-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              either too passive or too aggressive.

how can a parent, whos tired of their kid making noise, expect a beating to make them quiet ?

and while i servived my beatings and turned ok ''just fine'', we dont knew if any long/short term damage is done to a kids psyche.

im in the minority here but if a parent has to beat their kids, that parent needs parenting lessons.

no offense to any abusive BS.com parents

all i know is my sister, who grew to be a very wonderful young woman, made both my parents lose their hair.....and thats before she started dating.
              Yeah, I was whipped and turned okay, but I wouldn't do that to my kids.

I would be more creative with my disciplining. I would give them a timeout and force them to stare at your avy for an hour. I'll tell them that's the future version of them if they continue to act up.

Or maybe I'll use my avy, take your pic.

Comment

I got the belt on a couple occasions but IMO I deserved it . Stealing money from my mom's purse , police taking me home , fighting on the block , etc.
                My son's 18 and I've only had to Belt him once when he was 12 . And I felt kinda bad after it .
                But nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if a kid called CPS on his parents after a good spanking .

Comment

Yeah, I was whipped and turned okay, but I wouldn't do that to my kids.

I would be more creative with my disciplining. I would give them a timeout and force them to stare at your avy for an hour. I'll tell them that's the future version of them if they continue to act up.

Or maybe I'll use my avy, take your pic.
                  whipping is a passed down, generations type teaching tool

im sure you have more ''awe inspiring'' avis than all of us

i know kids can test a parents patience. KIDS know they test them. a parent should take a deep breath, remember what they were doing at that age, and learn how to communicate with the brats. or shove them in a closet.

Comment

Yep, got my behind whooped as a kid. When I became a teenager and got too big my Pops would punch me in the chest. Built character

Comment

Working...
                    X