Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Hollywood all of a sudden use an actor/actress in every damn movie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    Yeah, they've always done this. An actor will seem to be in everything, for a year or two. And then gone again...

In 2004, Ben Stiller was in Along Came Polly, Starsky & Hutch(Johnny Red neat- Do it), Envy, Dodgeball, Anchorman and Meet the Fockers.

Hasn't had a year like it since but when you're hot, you're hot. Got make hay while the sun is shining, mane.
    True. But why do you guys keep saying Stiller? To me, he's the type that can actually just pick a role, and if he wants it, it's almost his.

Or am I wrong on this? Plus you know, the Jew thing. They got a lot more pull in hollywood. No racial.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      I get what you're saying, but I'd put those guys in the, set for life, category. I never really thought Ben Stiller just disappeared, but he did so many movies, and has so much money, he went the directing, or some other side hustle route, because he's bored making a million movies.

Guys like Christopher Walz, and the planet of the apes guy is more like guys that caught a big break, toast of the town for a little minute, then back to being unheard of, or barely seen.
      Imdb says Waltz got 2 movies out next year. Plus him and Samuel L. Jackson will be the first names down for Tarantinos Star Trek movie. That movie will be massive. He'll always be about, hes a great actor. Planet of the Apes guy is pretty **** though, you can plug anyone into the roles he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Imdb says Waltz got 2 movies out next year. Plus him and Samuel L. Jackson will be the first names down for Tarantinos Star Trek movie. That movie will be massive. He'll always be about, hes a great actor. Planet of the Apes guy is pretty **** though, you can plug anyone into the roles he does.
        Wait, what??? Tarantino's doing a star trek movie???

Comment

Wait, what??? Tarantino's doing a star trek movie???
          Haha yeah. Mad aint it. Tarantino been waiting his whole career to give a franchise the "Tarantino" treatment. Star Trek are letting him do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Haha yeah. Mad aint it. Tarantino been waiting his whole career to give a franchise the "Tarantino" treatment. Star Trek are letting him do it.
            LMAO imagine the dialogue. Bunch of space dudes dropping N bombs hahaha.

Comment

For example, the main actor in the 2nd planet of the apes. The dad that plays the good guy that just wants to fix the dam for the humans.

Before planet of the apes, barely in any big movies, or any notable characters, and now, I see him in almost ever damn movie. Watching Mudbound, and just got me asking this question.

It's like Hollywood uses an actor or actress in all the new movies for 4 or 5 movies, then they go away again. Another example. The white guy from Django unchained, Christopher Walz. He's in a breakout movie, then the next thing you know, he's in the next 4 or 5 hit movies, and now he's nowhere to be found again.

It's like a cycle, of hot for your 15 minutes, then back to obscurity, and not to be heard again for another handful of years. Just a random thought.
              The actor/actress usually bond with a particular director. If that director is the go guy for Hollywood, he usually casts his actor/actress friend. Or, maybe just who give it up to Weinstein the most (sorry i had to go there).

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                The actor/actress usually bond with a particular director. If that director is the go guy for Hollywood, he usually casts his actor/actress friend. Or, maybe just who give it up to Weinstein the most (sorry i had to go there).
                Good point.

Comment

Working...
                X