Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: What’s your view on the police/cops?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary.

Too militarized.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      What difference does a cops story make as far as justice being served? What difference does it make what the record of the dead guy is?

A great cop murdering the worst citizen is still a murder. I mean I'm not gonna act like it'd be some great societal loss if some terrible criminal got murdered, but him being murdered by a person sworn to enforce our laws committing a crime in riding of us that terrible criminal has obvious problems for most of us I believe.

And I mean regular people snap or "have a bad day or their worst possible day" & do awful horrific things after uneventful to stellar resumes previous to doing that one thing that will follow them & define them to many for the rest of their days. I don't see why a cop snapping is any different.

I mean if you are talking doing studies on what leads to mfers snapping fair play & I get that. I think cops are in a career where snapping one random ass day is more likely than it is for a wedding photographer or in most jobs people have & there are probably early signs or help we can give those guys to prevent or reduce them from losing it. And thats a positive thing worth pursuing, but murder is still murder no matter how many Officer of the Year awards or w/e one may have.

No doubt media has their angle & job, to sell papers or get people watching their news. That is what it is.

Thing is the police have a job & thats to enforce laws & its much more of a problem & counter to their goal of enforcing laws when some in their own ranks are among those breaking laws & not being properly dealt with.

Thats bringing less trust to the police & is likely making their job harder due to the lack of trust in a job where being a person of good moral character & exceptional judgment + trust is required or should be cuz idk if it is anymore.

I do agree things are being done to correct the problem slowly but surely. And I think it won't be a problem as technology advances decades from now, but right now it still kinda sucks with how things operate & the frequency of bad cops we find.

So its not like I don't think my opinion will ever change on cops & how they too often deal with citizens, but I think my stance is a long way off in viewing them as a group in a positive light regardless of how many cops I think are good among that group or the number of positive interactions I've had with cops that outweigh my personal experiences with them.
      Well, are we judging the crime or the person or both ? Its not as if cops are going around shooting random people and then planting evidence. These shootings are often done out in the open with a moment for a reaction and something usually led them to that person. It wasn't indiscriminant.

And cops aren't known for being guns for hire hitmen. At least, not anymore (Miami had some really sketchy cops back in the day).

The good Samaritan/Innocent Bystander getting murdered (not friendly fire) by cops is more rare than winning the mega millions 10x in a row.

But social media is portraying it as the whole system being fu cked. Since social media is so gung ho over law enforcement being perfect, it should do a study and see what the root to the problem is.

Vetting potential cops works as well as it should when dealing with humans. A cop can spend 20 years and never pull his/her weapon. But something happens and that cop deals with a situation like a tard. No way to know ahead of time. It is impossible.

So, if a cop with a history of doing good work within their community, it should be taken into account. There was no motive. No planning. No prejudice. Not saying its excusable, just that it wasn't that cops intent to become a murderer. Unlike most murderers.

Then there are ''cops'' like.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoinette_Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        Well, are we judging the crime or the person or both ?
        To me the crime matters the most in justice being served. The person matters more in the sentencing part of a trial if they are found guilty. If a guy was a great officer til snapping one day maybe he deserves a lesser sentence. If the day he really snapped was preceded by numerous negative incidents & accusations maybe the sentence should be the max.

Its not as if cops are going around shooting random people and then planting evidence.
        Actually thats happened & been alleged to have happened a lot. Cops planting evidence & not shooting people is a problem also.

The good Samaritan/Innocent Bystander getting murdered (not friendly fire) by cops is more rare than winning the mega millions 10x in a row.
        Is this meant to imply if you are a non-immediate danger criminal its okay if you get murdered? Not sure I understand the point unless you are trying to imply its okay if some people get murdered by cops.

But social media is portraying it as the whole system being fu cked. Since social media is so gung ho over law enforcement being perfect, it should do a study and see what the root to the problem is.
        Idk why you are hung up on SM. This stuff is happening. Idk how many bad cops there are out there who need to find new careers, but the bad cops exist. And as SM does they are taking about injustices & corruption among other things. It don't matter if its a one time thing or happens every minute of every day to them. Thats not the relevant part. The relevant part is its happening a lot more than I think reasonable people feel like it should be happening.

Vetting potential cops works as well as it should when dealing with humans. A cop can spend 20 years and never pull his/her weapon. But something happens and that cop deals with a situation like a tard. No way to know ahead of time. It is impossible.
        I don't agree with that. I mean I'm not saying it can't happen like that, but I feel like if you studied cops more there'd be predictors for going off the rails either previous to being hired or further into their careers. I don't doubt you are stopping it 100%, what can you fix 100% anyway, but I believe you can reduce people being put into jobs where they can't deal with the stress from the jump & you can sideline people & get them some help before they go off the rails after years of being a cop.

I'm never a believer in the bs opinion too many people have about virtually anything that its the best it can be now. I firmly believe nothing is or will be perfect thus anything can be improved upon.

If anything most people are simply limited in considering how something can or should be improved & they try to project that on others & the rest of the world.

So, if a cop with a history of doing good work within their community, it should be taken into account. There was no motive. No planning. No prejudice. Not saying its excusable, just that it wasn't that cops intent to become a murderer. Unlike most murderers.
        Thats silly. Of course there are murderers who didn't intend to become murderers. Plenty of crimes of passion take place. Many are murdered in fights that went to far.

That is no different than a cops situation could be. Everything is fine Tuesday. Wednesday your a murderer cuz that worst possible situation for you to be in was gotten into.

Comment

To me the crime matters the most in justice being served. The person matters more in the sentencing part of a trial if they are found guilty. If a guy was a great officer til snapping one day maybe he deserves a lesser sentence. If the day he really snapped was preceded by numerous negative incidents & accusations maybe the sentence should be the max.

Actually thats happened & been alleged to have happened a lot. Cops planting evidence & not shooting people is a problem also.

Is this meant to imply if you are a non-immediate danger criminal its okay if you get murdered? Not sure I understand the point unless you are trying to imply its okay if some people get murdered by cops.

Idk why you are hung up on SM. This stuff is happening. Idk how many bad cops there are out there who need to find new careers, but the bad cops exist. And as SM does they are taking about injustices & corruption among other things. It don't matter if its a one time thing or happens every minute of every day to them. Thats not the relevant part. The relevant part is its happening a lot more than I think reasonable people feel like it should be happening.

I don't agree with that. I mean I'm not saying it can't happen like that, but I feel like if you studied cops more there'd be predictors for going off the rails either previous to being hired or further into their careers. I don't doubt you are stopping it 100%, what can you fix 100% anyway, but I believe you can reduce people being put into jobs where they can't deal with the stress from the jump & you can sideline people & get them some help before they go off the rails after years of being a cop.

I'm never a believer in the bs opinion too many people have about virtually anything that its the best it can be now. I firmly believe nothing is or will be perfect thus anything can be improved upon.

If anything most people are simply limited in considering how something can or should be improved & they try to project that on others & the rest of the world.

Thats silly. Of course there are murderers who didn't intend to become murderers. Plenty of crimes of passion take place. Many are murdered in fights that went to far.

That is no different than a cops situation could be. Everything is fine Tuesday. Wednesday your a murderer cuz that worst possible situation for you to be in was gotten into.
          1- When you say ''snapping'', what do you mean ? I don't want to put words in your mouth. I think we both kind of agree if the victim was an unarmed rapist/killer, who escaped, was shot/killed, there wouldn't be much love loss ?

If a cop committed murder while in duty, we have to see if that charge fits and deal with it accordingly.

2- Hell yeah. Planting evidence is a learned skill. Good cops are pressured into becoming bad cops. Looking away is just as bad as the dirt itself.

3- I mentioned that to point out cops are not murderers. Reckless AF, though. I believe 99.99999% of cops become cops meaning to protect people and accomplish that goal. The whole narrative (this word is getting on my last nerve !) of how cops are killers with badges is false.

4- What form of information incites the most reaction ? Social media. Shlt, there are multi millionaires making that money off of ''SM''. It's too big to brush aside as being insignificant. How SM dresses up a situation is very impressive (for lack of a better word).

5- Had to stop at predictors. No offence. A person can drastically change in a random ass moment. Ask Bruce Jenner.

6- Again. If a cop happens to kill a person during an ''incident'', its much different that a reckless driver or the like.

Just mho.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            1- When you say ''snapping'', what do you mean ? I don't want to put words in your mouth. I think we both kind of agree if the victim was an unarmed rapist/killer, who escaped, was shot/killed, there wouldn't be much love loss ?

If a cop committed murder while in duty, we have to see if that charge fits and deal with it accordingly.
            I guess "snapping" could cover a lot of situations & I was kinda just using that term to say a guy went from a regular guy to a murderer over a seemingly non-killable act by the other party.

And sure if Joe the Rapist gets shot unjustly I'm not gonna feel too bad about Joe the Rapists misfortune. But that cop who murdered him still needs to be dealt with cuz if you murder Joe the Rapist or Beth the Church Volunteer its still a crime committed by a police officer.

I feel similar in crimes committed by criminals against criminals. All these gang mfers killing each other is just one lost mfer getting another lost mfer out of our society. I don't feel bad when Joe the gangbanger gets murdered. But again that doesn't mean the gangbanger who murdered him shouldn't be punished for it.

There is no amount of good one can do to not be a murderer if he murdered someone & there is no amount of bad one can do, assuming they aren't in the act of violence themselves, to not having been murdered.

2- Hell yeah. Planting evidence is a learned skill. Good cops are pressured into becoming bad cops. Looking away is just as bad as the dirt itself.
            Agree. And this is the lowkey way some good cops aren't really good cops cuz they know about sh^t like this & aren't reporting the bad cops.

4- What form of information incites the most reaction ? Social media. Shlt, there are multi millionaires making that money off of ''SM''. It's too big to brush aside as being insignificant. How SM dresses up a situation is very impressive (for lack of a better word).
            Idk what this has to do with anything. SM is gonna do SM sh^t regardless if its about unjust murders by cops, corruption in government or the latest cute cat video. SM is its own thing. Police our there own thing. If cops werent straight shooting mfers in the back or unjustly all the time SM wouldn't be talking about it as much as they do.

5- Had to stop at predictors. No offence. A person can drastically change in a random ass moment. Ask Bruce Jenner.
            Horrible example. If you know the Bruce Jenner story you know he was having issues with his sexuality going back decades. And I remember a couple years before all this happened a comedian on a podcast who lived where Bruce lived was saying that Bruce was transitioning into a woman. It was no overnight transformation by any definition.

But I did concede sonetimes mfers do just go off the rails. But I also believe if analyzed better there would be signs that suggest one is unfit for a policing job from the start. I'm positive they do some of that know. I suspect they could do more. And I also think they could regularly check on current cops to gauge warning signs. Cuz not everyone just go does crazy sh^t one day. Usually there is a decline or signs in someones mental health going south.

6- Again. If a cop happens to kill a person during an ''incident'', its much different that a reckless driver or the like.

Just mho.
            It depends on the incident I feel. I wouldn't disagree there are some deaths that are accidental. When a guy has a gun there are gonna be some % of just dumb or legit accidents that wouldn't be a murder. But if a cop shoots a mfer point blank who was no threat to him thats a murder.

Comment

My stance on them is the same stance I have in regards to anyone in any kind of position of authority, you shouldn't trust or respect them until they've earned it. By and large cops don't clear that hurdle, I've been to a few countries now and in every one of them the cops have been corrupt, incompetent or on a power trip - usually all three. Yes, they're only human but given that their duties are keeping the peace, protecting the populace and upholding the law, they should be held to a higher standard than the one they're currently meeting. Not all of them are bad but not enough of them are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                My stance on them is the same stance I have in regards to anyone in any kind of position of authority, you shouldn't trust or respect them until they've earned it. By and large cops don't clear that hurdle, I've been to a few countries now and in every one of them the cops have been corrupt, incompetent or on a power trip - usually all three. Yes, they're only human but given that their duties are keeping the peace, protecting the populace and upholding the law, they should be held to a higher standard than the one they're currently meeting. Not all of them are bad but not enough of them are good.

You'd like Line of Duty about investigating corrupt cops in UK.
                Last season they mixed in reality with tieing it to Savile and Freemason control.

Comment

I think the problem doesn't lie in a rush to judgement on police accused of crimes. I think its more the expectation that justice isn't being served when a cop IS caught murdering, assaulting or otherwise harassing a citizen he should be merely arresting or leaving the f#ck alone.

Yea when they turn them on or don't turn them off when something sketchy is about to go down which seems to happen quite a bit.

I think not turning on a body/dash cam or turning it off when dealing with a citizen should be dealt with like OST for PEDs. If you say you're gonna be at x place at x time & you aren't thats a strike against you. 3 strikes against you is equal to failing a PED test & you get dealt with likewise. Police forces that require officers to use cams need to be dealing with cops like that. If we see 3 times, or whatever is deemed a reasonable & fair number, you didn't turn on your cam or turned it off & you dealt with a citizen in that time you are being suspended. Keep doing it & your night manager at Carl's Jr.

So I don't disagree with you it helps weed out bad cops, but not as good as it could be with more checks & balances on mfers doing sketchy sh^t that everyone agrees is sketchy looking best case scenario.
                  You completely ignored my post.

A lot of people comment on things they don’t know about especially because of the internet.

You should go do a ride a long.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Scary.

Too militarized.
                    Agreed with this

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                      There's no middle-option?
                      They're generally pigs, but also humans like the rest of us.
                      No sitting on the fence

Comment

Working...
                      X