Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HW division is so depressing... Will it ever get back to at least 90's quality?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    I do think eventually we will get a guy that's 250lbs and has the speed, coordination, skills, chin, etc etc of some of the 200-220lb heavyweight greats, and he will go on to become better than everything before...It's a matter of when not if in my opinion
    We'd already have it if boxing gyms were as prevalent as they used to be in the US. Maybe with the new TV exposure the big guys will get back to choosing boxing as their sport over football.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
      dreadful Klit bros era?? they killed 2 generations of young fighters and the older ones. nobody beat them without getting bludgeoned and beaten into history in the rematch. Vitali "lost" to Lewis who I liked and retired him also. I say Lewis would also tear thru the HW's today but not Fury
      nobody beat them without bludgeoning in rematch? they had rematchophobia!

what makes you write lies like this? The K bro era was awful. It killed the HW scene.
      Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-02-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
        Hardly any HW could have beaten Lennox and the Klit bros at any time
        you mean lennox, not Ks. They were 2 tiers below him.

Comment

I think it’s getting better now, we have younger HW boxers coming through. It’s difficult to compare but some people found the Klit era terrible. I personally didn’t but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
            The heavyweight division is the creme of the crop in boxing. There's no debating that. It's just depressing seeing the sad state it's in right now....
            What's going on here?
            --- You the great,grandsons of over a hunerd years of moaning soft lads.

Same ol' same ol', just new soft lads!

Comment

Fury
              AJ
              Deyonce
              Whyte
              Ortiz
              Usyk
              Miller
              Pulev
              Povetkin
              Parker

Prospects:

Hrgovic
              Dubois
              Gorman
              Hughie
              Kabayel
              Hunter
              Yoka
              Kownacki
              Joyce
              Ajagba

Nah, the HW division is just fine. It's not the rest of the world's fault America has no good heavyweights.

Comment

The heavyweight division has sucked for a longtime now. Wlad and Vitali with a time machine would be walking through these guys just the same as they did everyone else in their era. It was weak then and nothing has changed besides there isn't an obvious top dog anymore. Not because of skilled big men but because the top dogs got old. Wlad, Vitali, Lewis, Tyson, Bowe, etc. would humiliate these pretenders to the throne.

Comment

I think it's coming back.

The NFL is alienating a lot of Black folks by lying about concussions, drugs, and blackballing Kaep (they couldn't even find any Black people to perform at the Super Bowl this year until Travis Scott's cornball a$$ stepped up) and the NBA is becoming more European-style without physicality.

If you're a young Black kid today, you have PBC where you can watch Wilder & The Charlos & guys like that on TV regularly.

I do think that the UFC is potential competition, as it's becoming more popular, but it doesn't pay what boxing does at the highest levels.

Comment

It's interesting in 2019.

The culture of America has definitely changed, and not for the better. Integrity is not very important anymore. Humility is long gone. Taunting and showing off are a norm, even when people do mediocre things. People are taking the easier road these days.

Boxing is a very tough sport. It only makes sense that in a society where being comfortable is very important, that they not compete in such a sport that brings pain. Look at the NFL for example. You sneeze on somebody these days and it's a penalty. The entire rule book is being altered based on making fans happy, instead of keeping the integrity of the sport. Spoiled Americans don't want to see defensive battles. They want to see touchdowns and don't care how they come by.

Boxing has lost a lot of luster in my opinion due to the lack of discipline we have here in America. Everyone thinks they're the most important thing in the world. Patience is very hard to come by and everyone wants what they want right now and they're not willing to wait for it. I can almost compare this to professional wrestling. In places like Japan and Mexico, long periods of time where two wrestlers are in submission holds on the mat are applauded by fans. Here in America they're boo'd.

Two different worlds. Minds are much different. People think they deserve things. Give me my Air Conditioning. Give me my Wifi... and my new iPhone. Give me free schooling, free meals and free housing... And then lets kneel at the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      We'd already have it if boxing gyms were as prevalent as they used to be in the US. Maybe with the new TV exposure the big guys will get back to choosing boxing as their sport over football.
                      It's tough these days. People aren't used to getting their ass kicked anymore. I've had parents call the head coach saying that I put my hands on a kid in a gym.

When the coach replies, "This is a boxing gym... Do you know where your son is?" They then decide to come down and realize what's going on. It's not a sport you play. Their kids goofing off, screwing around, etc. Then they see the kid get whipped in the ring by another 12 year old and are just completely out of touch with reality.

Other parents however, are completely in touch with reality. You wish these parents could hold seminars to teach parenting skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X