Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Separating the Art From The Artist, Do You Still Enjoy the Work of Disgraced Artists?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separating the Art From The Artist, Do You Still Enjoy the Work of Disgraced Artists?

With this whole R. Kelly, Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey, Louis C.K. etc... falling from grace, do you view their work differently through todays lens?

When it comes to someone like R.Kelly I have to admit I still enjoy the mans music, and Louis C.K. will always be funny to me.

Most do. Look how popular MJ's music was when he died even though he was a kiddy fiddler.

Comment

I do. I just saw American Beauty a few weeks back and thought Kevin Spacey's performance was excellent. I know some people that can't separate the 2.

Comment

I don't have a problem with it. Thing is does anyone with skin in the game wanna be showing The Cosby Show repeats (or w/e) anymore in fear of the backlash & bad look some will see it as?

Thats the more compelling question. So some of these peoples work might not be so easy to find at some point even if you can disconnect the artist from the person.

Comment

I don't keep up with shít now, but why is this happening now with R. Kelly? I remember years back, maybe 4-5 years, all these allegations flying out that he was locking girls in his home, not allowing them to leave or make phone calls. Even had a some girls' mother confirming it and shít.. But it seemed like no one gave a fück. So why now?

Oh yeah, Ignition remix is still the shít even now.

Comment

The older I get the more I drift towards nihilism. Does it really matter?

I'm more concerned with the art, than with the hand behind it.

Comment

I just finished watching Surviving R Kelly so this topic is kind of interesting. He obviously has a very dark side but his music is just amazing and I can't help but like it even though I don't like him.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                I just finished watching Surviving R Kelly so this topic is kind of interesting. He obviously has a very dark side but his music is just amazing and I can't help but like it even though I don't like him.
                You can judge a man as a man.

But you can't judge a song as a man.

You can only judge a song as a song.

Comment

I only care about the art. R Kelly’s TP-2 album is probably the last CD I ever bought during late teen, listened to it countless times.
                  This one sht with Plies was fire too
                  https://youtu.be/lE1e8NxfR7M

Kids were lined up to stay at MJs and their parents let them. I wasnt there to see anything so I cant say sht and i dont give a fuk. Human Nature is one of the greatest songs ever by MJ words cant describe how dreamy that melody is. Man In The Mirror mannn fkin forget about it.

Comment

If I personally don’t know the person involved , I couldn’t care less .. I still occasionally listen to Trapped in the Closet even before the documentary to get some laughs out of it , musical genius that boy Robert

Comment

Working...
                    X