Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do UK people really stay up at 3am to watch American boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, most weekends. To be fair it's the only time I get any peace at home.

Comment

some of them do

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Takes a really big fight to keep me up these days. More likely to wake up early

Old before my time.
        same as m8....i use to religiously stay up and watch the era of lennox lewis and his dominat reign....started with my hero leonard's 2nd coming against hearns , lalonde.
        I even use to get the trembles before the big fight during the staredown in the ring.
        Morales,barrera,pacquaio,tyson you name it i was watching glued to the t.v

Comment

In Melbourne Australia we get the US fights at 11am Sunday morning and 1pm Sunday afternoon during daylight savings and get the British fights at either 3am or 5am Sunday mornings it's a big day when you have one in England and one in the states on the same day you end up pretty drunk and tired but it's a good day always look forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
            Y’all must really love boxing! I’m curious what was the official view count for the Wilder vs Fury fight over in the UK?
            More like 4am, and yes.... I do wake up to watch the big fights live

Comment

Yes. If it's a bit of a nothing fight then no, I'll just check the result in the morning. On average I'd watch the main event and the fight before, but if the card is great I'd watch more. Average start time of main event is around 4.30. Usually go to bed around 5.30/6.00 and wake up around 1pm as don't work Sundays. I love watching boxing. The rest of the day - I'd watch and follow football (soccer) games and scores. Watch a film or some TV show episodes and play the guitar, eat a good meal and just chill out.

Comment

My dad had me up watching Tyson's fights when I was a kid. I carried on for all the big US fights.

Luckily I emigrated to Australia so now the UK fights are on a Sunday morning and the US fights are on a Sunday arvo. Perfect timing.

Mind you, me and my kids are up at least once a week watching soccer in the early hours. That's their equivalent of my childhood Iron Mike memories.

Comment

and I've had trouble staying up for west coast 10/11pm starts haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Takes a really big fight to keep me up these days. More likely to wake up early

Old before my time.
                    I'm in the States and I only watch big fights live. Others I just YT or catch the replay

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
                      Y’all must really love boxing! I’m curious what was the official view count for the Wilder vs Fury fight over in the UK?
                      4, 5, sometimes close to 6am for the West Coast fights. Not every weekend anymore for me, but yeah. This is why it kinda makes me laugh when folk use terms like casuals and so forth... sure you might not agree with everything guys from the UK got to say but you gotta be serious about this sport if you follow it from this side of the Atlantic.

Comment

Working...
                      X