Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Let's Settle This!] Was Fury robbed of a W?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
    no LDBC

they are a group of channels on youtube

fighters they support

Wilder, Spence, Crawford, Hurd, Charlos, Gervonta Davis, Devin Haney, Porter, Jacobs, Prograis.
    ok I never heard of them....I don’t even watch boxing channels on YouTube anymore...just Tha Boxing Voice and DBN

Comment

• Originally posted by Holler View Post
      Which of course would mean that they weren't neccesarily 10-8 rounds, which a lot of people aren't aware of. A knock-down doesn't automatically mean a 10-8 score.

Anyway, yes he was robbed on the cards, no it wasn't a surprise. Follow boxing for long enough and you come to expect it. It's just a US thing either, it happens across the world and it's equally disgraceful wherever it happens and whoever benefits.

What's slightly dispiriting is that as you see this happen you'll also start to see people start to justify it by claiming that a champion requires or even deserves special treatment. Sometimes they're doing this subconsciously because they support the fighter who benefitted, sometimes they're more brazen or honest.

Regardless, the integrity of the sport, such as it is, is damaged each time a home fighter or big earner is favoured in this way.
      Agreed. It’s almost impossible that we see a 9-9 rounds but sometimes the rounds are fairly one sided outside of a KD, which both were. I dont disagree with the 10-8 completely as it seems like that’s just the standard at this point, but the KD shouldnt automatically give you the round PLUS the KD point. But that’s the way its practically scored now in all occasions so it’s at least a consistsnt oddity.

The robberies are so brazen to the point it’s discouraging.

Rochin gave Wilder the first rounds which is just brazen, considering they were pretty obvious with one of those being particularly one sided. Wilder was outlanded in every one of those rounds with one of those to a near 3x ratio...and it’s not like he got hurt in any of those to make it deceiving.

It’s disgusting to be frank.

Comment

• I had fury up by 1 but it was a really close thing. A draw was correct.

Plus he never schooled him, You cant school someone and nearly get put to sleep twice ffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          I missed two rounds when my stream went down but I had Fury every round but the two. Hell, outside of the knockdowns themselves, he won those rounds too lol.
          I agree. 9/9 rounds. Just because you drop someone does not means you automatically won the round. Specially when it was a "one punch" deal not an elaborate set-up with ring IQ, footwork, combos.

Comment

• Yea it was a clear robbery, but WilDer surprised me a bit, he didnt lose it all mentally he was game all night he just didnt or doesnt have enough skills to outpoint Fury which we all knew

Comment

• Originally posted by amuroray View Post
              I had fury up by 1 but it was a really close thing. A draw was correct.

Plus he never schooled him, You cant school someone and nearly get put to sleep twice ffs.
              Yes you can.

Two punches in a full 12 round fight are hardly the entire story, especially if those were damn near your only two good punches (with like 3 scattered GREAT left hooks to the body).

Just because Fury doesnt have explosive power doesnt mean we just ignore perfect and clean 1-2’s or power punches, especially ones that clearly bothered the other fighter and would have him lose footing.

Just because it’s a low connect (volume) type of fight or round doesnt mean one guy isnt clearly winning.

If one guy lands 7 shots in a round and theyre better than the 4 the other guy landed in addition to dictating the distance/space and having all of the defense...it’s fairly clear. Without the two knockdown rounds, the offensive quality/quantity/efficiency in combination with defense is pretty disproportioned and one sided.

When have we ever seen a guy land 4 regular/averages punches in a round and win it against a guy who landed 11 better ones and had him missing the whole round? It’s almost incomprehensible.
              Last edited by NearHypnos; 12-03-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                I wish I kept an RBR like I usually do. The fight surprised the daylights out of me. When I saw Fury stepping into the ring, with those skinny legs and fatrolls on top of his midsection, I thought he's getting knocked out by the 4th. He also moved around a lot less than he did vs. Klitchko, mostly focusing on upper body movement.

Wilder did very poorly though. I've always defended his use of the patented 'windmills', because 95% of the time he uses them when his opponent is in trouble, and it's more of a finisher. He tried to use a few against Fury and it was cringeworthy. I was surprised that Fury didn't sidestep them and then nail Wilder with an uppercut - Wilder was wide open for it.

I'll rewatch the fight and score it later, however Fury dominated the vast majority of that fight. I remember thinking that Wilder may have stolen 2 rounds in the middle, don't remember if the 1st KD round was one of them. At most, I think I'll have it 8-4 Fury + 2 KD. That's a final score of 114-112 Fury. Boxingscene livescorecard is one round off, 115-111, which I have no problems with either.
                I will watch it a 3rd time but I still don't see any way he gets more than two rounds. Fury controlled the center of the ring essentially the entire fight, and was walking him down, when he wasn't walking back to evade shots and set up his own.

I'd call this the HW Mayweather/JMM, but that would be disrespectful towards JMM, he was one of the greatest combination punchers ever, and Wilder ,is the polar opposite of that description, however in the kind of schooling we saw, it's up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  While that's true, it's still a bit of a sour taste that he doesn't get the deserved decision, and that a judge can be so corrupt.

I get you. I'm honestly just relieved it didn't go to shiiit and he got up. Yes he still won, but after seeing him on the canvas, I'm simply grateful he got up and I'll settle with the draw and cheer him on with the rematch.

Basically an unfinished story.

Set back to zero, but this time, let's do it in the UK.

Comment

• Well floyd maymeather apparently thinks so, he was interviewed after round 5 and had fury up 5 nil

Comment

• Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                      I get you. I'm honestly just relieved it didn't go to shiiit and he got up. Yes he still won, but after seeing him on the canvas, I'm simply grateful he got up and I'll settle with the draw and cheer him on with the rematch.

Basically an unfinished story.

Set back to zero, but this time, let's do it in the UK.
                      I agree, although now Wilder is saying only if the money is right.

Comment

Working...
                      X