Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there so many media outlets and fans that saw the fight for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I don't think many fans are influenced that much by the commentary.
    Idk about that. I think HBO steers fans pretty well. Certainly better than any other announcing crew.

Any fan serious enough to fill out a scorecard is serious enough to decide for themselves.
    How many are THAT serious. I suspect 5% of fans might actually be going through the trouble of filling out a scorecard.

1773 fans having an average score card of 116 to 113 for GGG tells you what most viewers thought.
    Question for anyone or a mod: How many people f#ck with the scoring on BS? Cuz the BS scoring was 114-114 & there are a lot of mfers here on big fight nights.

And 116-113 breaks down to 7-4-1 GGG which when there are 5 or 6 close-ish rds = either guy could win based on how many clear rds each guy won. So it don't really matter what the consensus says when its not outside the margin of error with clear rds won vs close-ish rds.

Thats the thing people keep trying hard to ignore. If GGG clearly won 4 rds & Canelo clearly won 2 rds that means there are 6 rds that coulda went either way. The fact they seemed to go 5-1 & 4-2 Canelo's way on the cards doesn't mean there is corruption specifically when the lean among media was 4-2 Canelo in those up for grab rds.

People just love to complain sometimes I feel like.

Comment

Personally I had it 115-113for golovkin but the fight was sooooooo close.... I don’t think the judges are corrupt or anything like that, but i think where ever canelo fights he’s gonna have the crowd behind him (and good for him, any boxer would love the support he gets) and they’ll cheer at every punch whether it lands or not... I think Paullie mallignaggi made some very good points.... it’s gonna be hard for anyone to get a decision against canelo.......i just feel so bad for ggg, I feel like that was sort of it for him, honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he never fights again

Comment

They all made their mind up before the fight even started. They had the word "cheater" implanted in their minds and didn't really pay attention to the fight. Take a thousand people from some remote part of the world who have never watched a boxing fight or heard of Canelo and they'd tell you Canelo won. It's as clear as day and anyone, ANYONE who thinks otherwise is either being dishonest or was influenced by all the negative media Canelo got and don't even realise it.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          They all made their mind up before the fight even started. They had the word "cheater" implanted in their minds and didn't really pay attention to the fight. Take a thousand people from some remote part of the world who have never watched a boxing fight or heard of Canelo and they'd tell you Canelo won. It's as clear as day and anyone, ANYONE who thinks otherwise is either being dishonest or was influenced by all the negative media Canelo got and don't even realise it.
          We're they also brainwashed before the first fight? Hmmm

Comment

Because they haven't seen the pic of GGG's bruised face... Duuh

Comment

Golovkin made a big mistake by not investing in attacking the body. I still thing he won a close fight but he made it hard on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Idk about that. I think HBO steers fans pretty well. Certainly better than any other announcing crew.

How many are THAT serious. I suspect 5% of fans might actually be going through the trouble of filling out a scorecard.

Question for anyone or a mod: How many people f#ck with the scoring on BS? Cuz the BS scoring was 114-114 & there are a lot of mfers here on big fight nights.

And 116-113 breaks down to 7-4-1 GGG which when there are 5 or 6 close-ish rds = either guy could win based on how many clear rds each guy won. So it don't really matter what the consensus says when its not outside the margin of error with clear rds won vs close-ish rds.

Thats the thing people keep trying hard to ignore. If GGG clearly won 4 rds & Canelo clearly won 2 rds that means there are 6 rds that coulda went either way. The fact they seemed to go 5-1 & 4-2 Canelo's way on the cards doesn't mean there is corruption specifically when the lean among media was 4-2 Canelo in those up for grab rds.

People just love to complain sometimes I feel like.
                HBO commentary crew was all over the place for that fight though. Idk which way they would have steered people outside of Harold's card.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  HBO commentary crew was all over the place for that fight though. Idk which way they would have steered people outside of Harold's card.
                  Honestly I didn't hear much of the commentary. At the venue I watched the fight it was loud so I'm just going of their past performances more than anything I heard them say for this fight so maybe I stand corrected if your take is on point.

I do think that Lederman card would influence people in a setting like mine where they couldn't hear the commentary team doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
                    Because Golovkin won
                    this right here
                    Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
                    Couldnt have said it better myself. And he also got robbed the first fight. lets not forget that.
                    lol yup, simple yet so effective that post was

Comment

Because it was a close fight. The two are evenly matched at this point in their careers.

Lots of people are wrapped up in loving or hating one or the other fighter. For tons of reasons having nothing to do with the actual sport of boxing.

Neither fight was decisive. So people disagree, and they bring all the other crap into it.

Comment

Working...
                      X