No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Roman/Rungvisai...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just rewatched Roman/Rungvisai...

What a spectacle. What a treat. The kind of fight that reminds you why you love the sport. Two skilled warriors going toe to toe, leaving it all in the ring, what a show. Pure drama. sledgehammer shots, granite chins, hearts of lions.

End up watching it again later last night....sends chills through my spine, my goodness. Boxing at its best.

Comment

Miura vs Roman gives me the same feeling. That body shot that dropped Roman late in the fight was insane, what was more shocking was how Roman still got up. Now that was a display of heart, determination and violence.

Comment

Sor Rungvisai swallows nails and shyts steel

Comment

it was the FOTY for me.. that was ruined by the terrible decision

Kind of embodies boxing for me, it looks like a delicious salivating sandwich that i am enjoying with each bite, then i taste something terrible and discover a massive turd inside.

Comment

You let me down, Chocolatito!

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              it was the FOTY for me.. that was ruined by the terrible decision

Kind of embodies boxing for me, it looks like a delicious salivating sandwich that i am enjoying with each bite, then i taste something terrible and discover a massive turd inside.
              It was FOTY for me regardless of the decision. I both agree with the decision and am happy for Rungvisai but had Roman won I would feel the same way about the fight.

I wanted Berto to win and scored it for him in the Ortiz/Berto I fight but that didn't make the fight any less meaningful and special to me, sometimes you need to just separate the whole "who won" crap and just appreciate the actual combat in the ring, nevermind the results. Fans who can't do that imo have a harder time actually enjoying fights and I think that's kinda sad.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                It was FOTY for me regardless of the decision. I both agree with the decision and am happy for Rungvisai but had Roman won I would feel the same way about the fight.

I wanted Berto to win and scored it for him in the Ortiz/Berto I fight but that didn't make the fight any less meaningful and special to me, sometimes you need to just separate the whole "who won" crap and just appreciate the actual combat in the ring, nevermind the results. Fans who can't do that imo have a harder time actually enjoying fights and I think that's kinda sad.
                You're trying to force me to eat a turd sandwich and pretend theres no turd in it, i shall not sir.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  You're trying to force me to eat a turd sandwich and pretend theres no turd in it, i shall not sir.
                  No, i'm just trying to show you you can separate a decision you don't agree with and appreciate the fight itself despite the fact, lol.

I mean, I scored Ward/Kovalev for Kovalev but that doesn't make it any less of an enjoyable fight to watch, for example. My Ortiz/Berto example was another good one lol.

Comment

Roman got screwed. That fight was a draw at best.

Comment

Working...
                    X