Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one not impressed with Boxing at all right now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was one of the people saying 2016 was truly damaging boxing but I feel I've had to eat my words in 2017. Looking like a great year. I understand that Garcia and Thurman aren't elite though, they're just Americans in the glamour division.

Comment

One problem with boxing today is boxing fans are SO unforgiving if someone loses, they simply label the fighter a hype job, overrated and a bum that was "exposed". I think that filters back into the game so fighters are so eager to keep their 0 that they either fight poor opposition, or when they fight good opposition they go in not to lose rather than to win...which often makes for an uneventful careful fight.

Comment

2017 boxing > 2016 boxing and it's only March.

Thurman-Garcia wasn't a barnburner but it was a very important match up for the division.

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
          Thats the problem Garcia and Thurman were considered the best.
          Yeah and Rousey and Brock Lesner were considered the greatest of all time. What's your point?

Boxing has been on the up and up making great fights.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            One problem with boxing today is boxing fans are SO unforgiving if someone loses, they simply label the fighter a hype job, overrated and a bum that was "exposed". I think that filters back into the game so fighters are so eager to keep their 0 that they either fight poor opposition, or when they fight good opposition they go in not to lose rather than to win...which often makes for an uneventful careful fight.
            Yea there is probably a weird catch 22 going on with fighters between being a fun to watch fighter & keeping a nice shiny record preferable with an 0 in the L column. Thats likely making it harder & harder to be a Manny type guy. If boxing keeps on the trend its on I won't be surprised if there are divisions where the entire top ten are undefeated fighters & once you lose you are more or less done unless you got some Broner type sh^t going on to keep yourself relevant to fans.

But to the TS, if you aren't happy with boxing right now after last years clusterf#ck of a year than maybe boxing just isn't for you anymore. I for sure understand how all the seemingly simple fixes to boxing (1 belt & top guys fighting top guys all the time) & hype & speculation deciding who's the top guy over fighting each other lacks appeal to virtually anyone who's a fan among many other failings with the sport that shouldn't still exist.

Personally for me I'd be a fan of boxing if the fights were happening in make shift rings in the back of bars & shown on Youtube the day after.

Comment

2017 has been a teriffic year and more good stuff is up next, boxing just isnt for you anymore I suppose.

Comment

I watched last nights fight thinking about how badly Tito, DLH, Quartey and Mosley would have beaten these guys. They would have made them look like a bad mandatory challenger.

I enjoyed the fight. I just don't think these guys are that good.

Comment

Haye v Bellew was a monumental moment for boxing.

Agreed that Thurman v Garcia, the 2 top welters on the planet put on a mediocre display.

Comment

I use to be a huge diehard. Now I'm at the point where if I catch it i catch it. If I don't, oh well.

Too much bickering and politics going on. More fighting going on outside of the ring than in the ring. It's turned into a soap opera over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      what you moaning about, we had the best fighting the best last night risking there undefeated records (thurman v garcia) and haye v bellew has got the nation talking over here in uk, despite the circumstances it was an exciting fight. Santa cruz/frampton was a good fight, degale v jack was an excellent match up. Top match ups are being made left right and centre now. I was the first one moaning about things last year but 2017 is looking really good.
                      I agree with you but the problem is they started too late. They milked the fans with all these fraudulent fights and they realized they lost a lot of fans. Now they're trying to make up but a lot aren't coming back. A little too late.

Comment

Working...
                      X