No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Drops Kavaliauskas Three Times, Stops Him in Nine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    I get that your motive is to contradict me, but your failing and just repeating what I’ve said. You could maybe also note how many times he converts when he’s trying to finish Kavaliauskas off in that 7th rd.
    Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Crawford only turned orthodox after hurting Kava to drop him in the 7th (or whenever it was), came in orthodox the next rd and did exactly nothing but miss, look awkward and unable to get off before turning southpaw in the end of the rd and doing more damage than he did the entire rd, and ofcourse finished the fight as southpaw.

So I don’t know where you’re plucking the idea that the fight was over once he turned orthodox.
    If you watch the video it's obvious that your contradicting your own statements dude. I just told you TC is what you call a switch hitter but this whole notion that he fights mainly as a SP or fights better as a SP is just blatantly false.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Naw, its not that serious. Crawford is better as a southpaw everyone knows that. His best punch is the right hook to the head or body. He has been hit by the straight right hand fighting both southpaw and orthodox because he likes to pull back.
      Maybe me and Crawford are the only ones that don't then because he just said he would have rather started the fight against EK last sat in the Orthodox stance. He's a switch hitter but he's not better in the south paw stance. If there's a chance TC ever get's KO'ed it will come from him staying in that Southpaw stance too long...

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
        Maybe me and Crawford are the only ones that don't then because he just said he would have rather started the fight against EK last sat in the Orthodox stance. He's a switch hitter but he's not better in the south paw stance. If there's a chance TC ever get's KO'ed it will come from him staying in that Southpaw stance too long...
        Don't get me wrong Crawford fighting orthodox is still better than most fighters as proven by Dulorme. Neither Ugas or Jesse Vargas could do that to Dulorme. He should have came out orthodox vs Egis because the straight right is Egis' most refined punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          Don't get me wrong Crawford fighting orthodox is still better than most fighters as proven by Dulorme. Neither Ugas or Jesse Vargas could do that to Dulorme. He should have came out orthodox vs Egis because the straight right is Egis' most refined punch.
          I think the Khan fight is a perfect example of why he is not. We know the fight was a blow out, but that aside. TC thinking that was his best opp to date, started that fight Orthodox and Khan couldn't do anything with him, when he realized Khan perhaps wasn't even as good or fast as he thought he switched to SP, and as the fight went on Khan began touching TC more and the fight started getting increasingly sloppy while he was in that SP stance until he switched back and Khan wanted out.

What that tells me, personally, is when TC is faced with what he feels is elite or highly skilled competition he fights Orthodox. When he feels you are either not on his level, or he's now got you where he wants you he switches to SP. Which IMO sort of creates the illusion that he might be better as a SP when in reality he's not.

and it's funny you posted the Dulorme video because outside of Khan or Gamboa (who was simply too small) that was probably the most skilled boxer he's faced
          Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 12-19-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X