Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua is still 5 to 6 fights away from his prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see how he comes on the next fight. He really didn't show me improvements in the last two and I still think he's better version was in the Breazeale and Martin fights. Now, it's arbitrary to say a fighter only step on the prime after X fights. Lomachenko has been mentioned, Inoue was in prime before 10 fights, can be argued that Usyk is on prime. It's more about facing a variety of styles and learning from the weakness they expose

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Yep this is exactly correct, and yes that is why those fans want the fight NOW. That is why everybody anti-Joshua wants those big fights now.

Joshua and Hearn have brought this on themselves to a certain extent though, I knew when he took the Martin fight, the problem wouldn't be beating Martin, it would be the expectations on him after that happened.

In terms of Wilder - I have been saying the same thing since the beginning of the year, I don't think they should take it until Joshua has had 2 or 3 more fights, and training camps. He needs to iron out some of his defensive flaws.
      This is one of the reason I have been picking Wilder, Joshua is not ready for this fight and he isn’t at his peak yet, Wilder is ready and in his prime right now. Wilders team took time to groom him, they didn’t make too much noise when he was coming up, David Haye, Wlad, Chagaev are just a few names that Wilder could have fought but he was brought on at a steady pace.

Joshua had to be move quickly because he was destroying everyone too quickly and his championship belt win from Martin made it even worse for him. If he beats Wilder when he isn’t at his peak yet then I would give him massive praise.

Comment

Working...
      X