Weaknesses in prime Tyson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are people here seriously saying tyson weakness was his inside game lmfao

Comment

Tall jabbers that could keep Tyson at bay and have the size to suffocate him in clinches on the inside

Comment

Originally posted by Long jabber View Post
        were not talking about the bums he beat. no game was needed vs those types.

when he stepped up his level of competition, his inside game was not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          You keep using cop-outs ...
          This discussion is going nowhere. You're boring me and I have better things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
            This discussion is going nowhere. You're boring me and I have better things to do.
            Yes sir I'm sure you have a lot of patients with therapy sessions to get to.

Comment

Only one glaring weakness that was exploited by a couple fighters who took him the distance : lack of inside game and strength.

Comment

Tyson's only weakness was motivation and even then his fights were one sided .His weakest point was the clinch bc at times he didnt utilise punching on the inside . Those claiming he had no inside game need to rewatch the Green fight and interview after in what was also only a 10 rounder and 21st fight .

Tyson ( not including Douglas ) was NEVER out jabbed either ftom 85 to 91 ,so the notion tall jabbers gave him problems is flat out false not too mention SLIPPING jabs anyway is what he did best at his PEAK. Also false is Tyson was easily pushed back ,by who ? lol

Tyson with CORRECT scoring lost less than 10 rnds in over 130 rnds under Rooney .

Reading these posts i find it hard to believe most actually watched FULL Tyson fights . I guess i'll wait for a strawman Holyfield and Lewis argument to prove me wrong here ! lol

The ONE thing out of Tysons hands was he was 5'10 or so . Fighting guys OVER 6'3 who could take a punch would have made him work a bit more bc of distance and trajectory of his punches that could lose a little force . I see no one he wouldnt be incapable of knocking out had he fought them more than once ! This isnt necessarily a weakness , moreso depending on which Tyson showed up and thats MOTIVATION based .

Yes its possible to SURVIVE A mild Tyson ,but can you actually win a fight against him ? Well it never remotely happened when he was with COMPETANT trainers with a fighter that needed specific training , no matter what wrench you throw into the debate . lol
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-07-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
                  But psychology is critically important. It was the reason Tyson fell apart against Buster Douglas, Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield in particular.
                  Buster fight was rigged, Holyfield took PEDs to beat him and even then he still couldn't completely KO Tyson despite being roided to the gills.

Mike losing to Lewis had nothing to do with psychology, Lewis was simply too big. The Tyson-Lewis fight was the turning point of the Heavyweight division. It marked the arrival of the Super Heavyweights, guys who are over 6'5' and weight 250+ pounds. The Super Heavies have a massive, unfair advantage over the normal sized Heavies who weigh around 215-220 pounds. Not even the supposed Golden Age Heavies, like Ali, Foreman, Frazier etc... would be able to compete with the Super Heavyweights, they'd all get massacred.
                  Last edited by HandsofIron; 09-07-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Mike's mentality is do or die or live by the sword, die by the sword. The only way to beat Tyson is to knock him out and if the opponent couldn't, they get butchered.

Comment

Originally posted by Long jabber View Post
                      I know, I can't believe someone posted that.

Comment

Working...
                      X