Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Lipinets Fight Peaked at 689,000 Viewers for Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    Actually they said the numbers are going down. They said mikey did 250k more viewers in his last fight vs Broner and they said wilder doubled mikey’s Ratings the week before.

I still remember a few years ago when showtime was beating hbo’s numbers with Broner Danny Garcia, Matthysse, etc. Back when Haymon was working with GBP they had that run in 2014 where they were getting well over a million views all the time.
    Just letting you know that Showtime was letting people watch for free during that window with no subscription. All you had to do was turn to the channel to see a fight. Once the Floyd v. Pac fight was over (i think it stopped before that), the free window was gone.

I know because I didn't have Showtime back then.

Comment

Very low ratings...

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER OF you View Post
        yeah I remember that. they rarely crack over a million views these days.
        Because people were allowed to watch without a subscription. Floyd was subsidising their viewership.

Once his deal was gone, they stopped that program.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          Just letting you know that Showtime was letting people watch for free during that window with no subscription. All you had to do was turn to the channel to see a fight. Once the Floyd v. Pac fight was over (i think it stopped before that), the free window was gone.

I know because I didn't have Showtime back then.
          I am not talking about that. I’m talking in 2014 when golden boy and Haymon were working together. They were dominating hbo ratings wise. Now they put on better fights than hbo butthe ratings don’t reflect it besides wilder Ortiz.

Comment

Did not watch it I had no interest in it it was a foregone conclusion Garcia needs to step up to better competition Broner really was not even a fight for him if he goes to 147 he will be having death fights every time if he fights the elite...

Comment

Actually they said the numbers are going down. They said mikey did 250k more viewers in his last fight vs Broner and they said wilder doubled mikey’s Ratings the week before.

I still remember a few years ago when showtime was beating hbo’s numbers with Broner Danny Garcia, Matthysse, etc. Back when Haymon was working with GBP they had that run in 2014 where they were getting well over a million views all the time.
              I’m pretty sure that last paragraph is a lie

Seems like good #s considering

Showtime is starting to eclipse HBOs #s with about 2/3 of the subscribers

Comment

I am not talking about that. I’m talking in 2014 when golden boy and Haymon were working together. They were dominating hbo ratings wise. Now they put on better fights than hbo butthe ratings don’t reflect it besides wilder Ortiz.
                2014 was definitely during that window. I specifically remember watching Broner beat Emmanuel Taylor on a card in the fall of 2014 that did over 1 million viewers which was during that free window.

The ratings were higher because they were letting everybody watch for free. Floyd was subsidising viewers for their network.

Comment

Yes but Broner himself is a big draw and Wilder is probably the biggest draw for the PBC except maybe Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                    I’m pretty sure that last paragraph is a lie

Seems like good #s considering

Showtime is starting to eclipse HBOs #s with about 2/3 of the subscribers
                    ah you must be new to boxing. Showtime used to beat HBO.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2014/3/1...rs-on-showtime
                    Garcia-Judah 1.1 mil peak

Showtime had a good run late 2013 and 2014 then it went downhill when a lot of good fights were taken to PBC channels

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      2014 was definitely during that window. I specifically remember watching Broner beat Emmanuel Taylor on a card in the fall of 2014 that did over 1 million viewers which was during that free window.

The ratings were higher because they were letting everybody watch for free. Floyd was subsidising viewers for their network.
                      show time wasn't free. We were buying it. It was never free for more than small windows. Broner, Danny Garcia etc were all doing great numbers

Comment

Working...
                      X