Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nearly 200 Companies Have Announced Bonuses or Wage Increases Due to Trump Tax Plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Yeah, never mind the fact that all these bonuses happened right after the tax cuts, and that many/all of the employers said the bonuses were due to the tax cuts.
    I checked and it looks like both countries are similar when you factor in all taxes collected. I'm surprised. I thought we paid more taxes here than in the US. Yes there are problems with our health care sydtem. Some proceedures take too long. There are problems with every country's health care in some form or another.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/07/canadians-may-pay-more-taxes-than-americans-but-theres-a-catch.html

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Man, I have been saying this for a while. By the end of the year our dollar will be so inflated, that $600 you got (after taxes) in the beginning of the year will be worth about $500. Government spending isnt going to get us out of this 1, this isnt the 80's, we have our hands in too many cookie jars and our money printing presses just cant keep up. I only took 2 econ classes in college so I am no expert but from I read from non-bias and bias economists is we are headed for a tough time and this tax "illusion" will soon end. 10% interests rates for all!
      I only took two econ classes as well, and a bunch of accounting classes because that was my major. But I honestly don't care about that major at all, i'm a CO now lol.

Yeah man I had no idea that a one-time, $1k bonus would make people so happy. Working in sales in the past, i'd get bonuses all the time due to hard work, and I never cared for them due to the large chunk that comes out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Yep, Pelosi is going to have them mowing the grass along the border in lieu of a wall.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/20/pe...ing-the-grass/
        a job is a job playa!

Only lil boys dont understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Sanders was talking about increasing wages for people making the minimum of $7.50.

I limited it to a week because we haven't had a full year yet. But fair point. so it .026% of the $3 billion.

You avoided my questions. Is the best way to judge this by comparing it against the profit made from the tax break? As we look from the outside, is .026% really a significant amount?

Doesn't really seem like it to me.

Wether 2.6% is significant or not is not for me to judge, I'm not sure how these companies allocate their wealth. I know Wells Fargo also announced that it is spending $400 million on charity, and doing a lots of stock buy backs which is good if you own their stocks.

Regardless, bonuses or wage increases no matter how small is still great news for the working man. If these wage hikes and happened under Obamas watch then I have a feeling you'd be singing a different tune, but then again maybe I would be too.
          Last edited by JimRaynor; 02-22-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Meanwhile the Koch Brothers profiting affects you how exactly?
            How do you think these tax cuts are being paid for ?

You act like Trump is footing the bill from his own pocket.

He's taking $2tril of the peoples money, giving $1tril of it to Americas rich, Giving $500bil of it to rich foreigners mostly Arabs and the rest of America shares the other $500bil.

Now you can say well $500bil is great for the rest for American but its not when there a $2tril hole which has to either be borrowed (increasing interest rates) or come from cuts in other areas(which will slow the economy) or by increasing other taxes.

So all this has done is make the rich a lot richer and left a big bill for the middle class to pay off.

How about a tax cut where the 1% gets...... oh i dont know......... maybe 1% of benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eubankjr View Post

He's taking $2tril of the peoples money, giving $1tril of it to Americas rich, Giving $500bil of it to rich foreigners mostly Arabs and the rest of America shares the other $500bil.
              No one pays for tax cuts. The Government simply taxes less. No money ever switches hands.

...but its not when there a $2tril hole which has to either be borrowed (increasing interest rates) or come from cuts in other areas(which will slow the economy) or by increasing other taxes.
              DNC talking point not rooted in fact.

The fact is revenues are UP since the Trump tax cuts took effect. (It's been sourced here before, but if you need it cited again, just ask.)

Care to explain how that happened?

Your sheer ignorance of basic Economics and current events is staggering. Let's see how you do with that question about increased revenues though. You might surprise me....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                Why would I be jealous I just got bonus and a raise.
                Then what was your point? It's either stupidity or jealousy

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  No one pays for tax cuts. The Government simply taxes less. No money ever switches hands.

DNC talking point not rooted in fact.

The fact is revenues are UP since the Trump tax cuts took effect. (It's been sourced here before, but if you need it cited again, just ask.)

Care to explain how that happened?

Your sheer ignorance of basic Economics and current events is staggering. Let's see how you do with that question about increased revenues though. You might surprise me....
                  "CBO estimates that receipts in January 2018 totaled $362 billion—$18 billion (or 5 percent) more than those in the same month last year. Withholding of individual income and payroll taxes rose by $20 billion (or 9 percent); that percentage increase was larger than is typical, in part because January included one more business day this year than last. Although the Internal Revenue Service issued new withholding tables on January 11 to reflect the new tax law, many employers had not begun to use them in January (all employers must begin using the new tables by February 15)."

a one off discrepancies for Jan 18 due to the change over and the one-off bonuses.

All long term economic models predict a shortfall of between 1 and 2 trillion from these tax cuts and since most of the money has gone to pockets off the rich its going to be closer to 2 than 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
                    Then what was your point? It's either stupidity or jealousy
                    Read the thread

Comment

You act like Trump is footing the bill from his own pocket.

Now you can say well $500bil is great for the rest for American but its not when there a $2tril hole which has to either be borrowed (increasing interest rates) or come from cuts in other areas(which will slow the economy) or by increasing other taxes.

So all this has done is make the rich a lot richer and left a big bill for the middle class to pay off.

How about a tax cut where the 1% gets...... oh i dont know......... maybe 1% of benefit.
                      I give this post a 1/5 on the Fact-o-Meter scale.

Comment

Working...
                      X