Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Interim Title Fights Saturday Night Egregious Examples Of WBA's Sanctioning Scam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Interim Title Fights Saturday Night Egregious Examples Of WBA's Sanctioning Scam

By Keith Idec - The two interim title fights the WBA has approved for Saturday night in Los Angeles are two of the more egregious examples of the unscrupulous organization's never-ending need to scam sanctioning fees out of boxers and promoters. As if allowing an interim welterweight title bout between Jamal James and Thomas Dulorme weren't questionable enough...
    [Click Here To Read More]

wba -gypsies and mafias would learn from this criminal organization.

Comment

Doe's anyone actually know the difference between a Continental, Inter-Continental, International & interim title?!!

Comment

If the WBA wasn’t one of the original two it would lose its recognition so fast...people love to complain about the WBO or WBC but the WBA is by far the worst

Comment

There needs to be far more pressure from the fourth estate on this issue destroying and devaluing the worth of title fights and championship belts.

The sanctioning bodies have become very creative in creating as many pseudo-belts for #1 and #2 rankings (WBC silver title) - however, the worst example has been set by the WBA with it having no shame in presenting THREE champions in one weight class.

And history shows the problem is worsening because we do not have an authoritative international body to prevent this laissez faire grab for cash.

It started in the 60's with the WBA splitting and the formation of the WBC. (Even back then the EBU anfd BBBoC were around)

This seemed to stabilise until the early 80's when another dispute lead to the formation of the IBF, and then the WBO in the late 80's with now the IBO gaining more recognition as a major sanctioning body.

There was one. Then Two. Then three. Then four. Now four plus one. In fact any arrangment of the letters 'W', B, A, E, I, O, U, N, C, and possibly more has lead to the establishment of well over 40-50 sanctioning bodies around the world.

I would rather see our sport arranged around the tyrannical tenure of Dana White for the good of the sport rather than the atrociously woeful mismatches being pushed as 'main events' and 'title fights' by the likes of PBC paycheck boys like Charlo and co.

How can a fighter sleep at night knowing he didn't win his belt via a real fight, or even by default? I guess money can numb a sense of pride and dignity.

The 90's saw so many HW fights never happen because of the obstacles raised by promoters, bodies and matchmakers.

Shame on them all. I love this sport, but I also think it's a total and utter disgrace.

If we keep shouting, someone might listen one day. Once we used to grace the front pages. In my country, there is virtually no coverage of the boxing world unless you pay for it.

Comment

I thought an international and world title were the same thing?

Comment

Next thing you know the WBA is going to start giving away a participation title,then a booby prize belt & a at least you dared to be great belt.

Comment

Possibly the only way this ***** stops is when fighters and promoters stop paying the fees for these joke titles.
                But everyone loves a title, right?

Comment

Would you be writing this article if this fight was on SHO?

Comment

I'm so tired of interim title fights. It's as if 90% of the championship fights happening today are for interim titles.

Comment

Working...
                    X