No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe's 46-0 vs Floyd Mayweather's 50-0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Calzaghe's 46-0 vs Floyd Mayweather's 50-0

Who was greater? Joe Calzaghe or Floyd Mayweather?

Ok, so I'm not asking who is the better boxer here (its clearly Mayweather). But let's look at their respected resumes. Both get plenty of stick for their resumes, but who's is better?

Mayweather for me.

They are almost the same in greatness both undefeated but i think menayothin 54-0 is far greater than both of them.

Comment

JC did travel and beat 2 higher echelon ATGs who weren't green and no CWs.
      There's not much between them but I will say floyd, the alternative is Floyd fans hijacking this thread and asking for trouble

Comment

How’s this even a question...

Mayweather easily.

Comment

not really a question, underlined by the fact that Mayweather was finishing his world title career at age 35 at the same age that Calzaghe was just starting his.

Putting the contrast another way, anyone single one of mayweathers's top ten wins eclipses joes entire resume.

You are comparing an ATG with a titlist with a handful of recognised defences, whom are ten a penny.

These guys are poles apart.
          The thread does have some value, it shows how records can show polar opposite factual information.
          Last edited by DreamFighter; 08-02-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Funny thing about both fighters is that they fought hardly any undefeated fighters. Kessler for calzaghe and Alvarez for mayweather is about it and thts tail end of both fighters careers. Dno if that says much but just an observation. Look at Billy joe saunders for taking 0s

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
              Funny thing about both fighters is that they fought hardly any undefeated fighters. Kessler for calzaghe and Alvarez for mayweather is about it and thts tail end of both fighters careers. Dno if that says much but just an observation. Look at Billy joe saunders for taking 0s
              There are a lot of undefeated fighters out there 'Majority have no world championship belts, or have never fought and won any titles' so what is your point? Mayweather fought plenty of fighters who where proven, that had their own legacies 'The same with Joe Calzaghe'.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingking1511 View Post

Ok, so I'm not asking who is the better boxer here (its clearly Mayweather). But let's look at their respected resumes. Both get plenty of stick for their resumes, but who's is better?

Mayweather for me.
                Mayweather is greater in my opinion.

Comment

Calzaghe can become 100 and 0 if he fights little kick boxers in boxing matches

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingking1511 View Post

Mayweather for me.
                    Joe Beat Roy Jones who's a far better all time great than Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                    X