Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz Outworks a Game Rafael Rivera For Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Fight in u.k is stup.id.
    Whether or not it was (and I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "stupid"), Frampton came to the US and won. LSC said he would go to Belfast and backtracked on it. He then blamed it on his dad being afraid to go over there. C'mon man, that's pretty suspect. LSC should have just manned up and said whatever the real reason is (afraid of suspect judging, money doesn't make sense, etc). Since then he's fought Mares (again), Chris Avalos and Rivera last night. He's fighting softer fights and fighting in a less exciting style.

I was a fan of El Terremoto but he's not that anymore....

Comment

• So sorry to say that yesterday's fight was boring. He will have trouble with Russell

Comment

• Now the question is when is Leo Santa Cruz is going to step up his level of opposition? Everybody excoriates Tank Gervonta Davis for his lack of competition, so what about Cruz?

He has made of history of avoiding certain challenges including: Guillermo Rigondeaux, Gary Russell Jr and now perhaps even Tank Davis if he does decide to move up to the Super featherweight division.

In addition, he has a hell of a lot more experience and seasoning than the still green and developing 24 year old Tank Davis too.

Also, speaking of double standards; Most boxing fans always set the bar so high and leave much smaller windows for fighters like Tank Davis to develop as compared to other fighters. What great hypocrisy?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              Whether or not it was (and I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "stupid"), Frampton came to the US and won. LSC said he would go to Belfast and backtracked on it. He then blamed it on his dad being afraid to go over there. C'mon man, that's pretty suspect. LSC should have just manned up and said whatever the real reason is (afraid of suspect judging, money doesn't make sense, etc). Since then he's fought Mares (again), Chris Avalos and Rivera last night. He's fighting softer fights and fighting in a less exciting style.

I was a fan of El Terremoto but he's not that anymore....
              Man in NY it was a PRO Frampton crowd 1000%. That was a home crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                So sorry to say that yesterday's fight was boring. He will have trouble with Russell
                Who is this Gary Russell guy? He retired dumb ass. Tell him quit retiring every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Man in NY it was a PRO Frampton crowd 1000%. That was a home crowd.
                  I won't disagree with that however it doesn't really take away from the fact that he backed away from his original statements of going overseas to avenge his loss, or the fact he used his dad as the reason for that or his choice of opponents as of recent. If I'm not mistaken, the opponent was supposed to be Miguel Flores. Flores was stopped Chris Avalos (and Day Nguyen), the same Avalos that LSC already stopped.

Comment

• Santa Cruz obviously good fighter...if only he had power. Most of his fights r like glorified sparrn sessions. No knockdowns/ no drama...1st rd replayed x 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                      I won't disagree with that however it doesn't really take away from the fact that he backed away from his original statements of going overseas to avenge his loss, or the fact he used his dad as the reason for that or his choice of opponents as of recent. If I'm not mistaken, the opponent was supposed to be Miguel Flores. Flores was stopped Chris Avalos (and Day Nguyen), the same Avalos that LSC already stopped.
                      Yeah, I like both Frampton and LSC but gotta say I was disappointed with the whole ordeal. Wish they would have had that third decider bout in Ireland as he promised but it is what it is

I still like Frampton but he is not in his prime anymore. I still hope that he fights couple of times and retires with a win, would be cool. But if he doesn't feel the spark anymore, maybe it's best to retire

Comment

Working...
                      X