No announcement yet.

floyd and golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Greater fighters (universal opinion of deeply researched historians) than both have "quit"/retired during fights.
    Name me more than I have fingers in one hand how many good fighters duran beat. I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      ****ing hell is this golovkin Thursday or something? How many weird obsessive threads are you guys going to do today about golovkin
      As many as it takes to expose the fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        You are lying about GGG refusing to fight Ward. All Ward did was make a meaningless media call out to GGG to fight him at 168 when GGG could not possibly fight him because he already had a legally binding contracted title defense against Lemieux coming up shortly and Ward knew that. After GGG KOed Lemieux Ward had moved to 175 and said he would never return to 168. There NEVER was a legit offer from Ward's team to GGG to fight Ward at 168. A legit offer includes the weight the fight is to be at. The amount GGG will be paid and the location the fight will take place at. Oakland? No such offer was ever made to GGG. GGG never made excuses. He did not need to make excuses about avoiding a fight that was never on the table in the first place. Quit lying.
        "On October 8th, just three months after Rafael’s report, Loeffler gave an interview to boxingscene.com explaining why the official offer was rejected.."

https://www.thefightcity.com/golovki...ovalev-boxing/

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          after canelo fought floyd he could have fought at 154, he did that for liam smith not long ago, but then ggg decided to stay fighting mediocre opposition at his comfortable zone cuz he knew the guys from lower division will eventually have to come up, so he waits for this to happen despite bragging for years he will beat anyone from 154 to 168, and then when the fights happen his fanbase accuses the guys coming up in weight for wating for ggg to get old...
          my point still stand, right after canelo lost to floyd, canelo was 10 times better option than anything available for ggg, but you claim it was ridiculous demand since it was outside gggs perpetual comfort zone(160)... anyone from 154 to 168 lol...
          Ok from the fighter himself on camera in an ESPN interview Golovkin said the only fighter he would cut weight for was Floyd. That's not Able talking or Loeffler that is the fighter. He was then asked if he would cut weight for Canelo and he said no. The 10 times better option for Gennady at the time was Floyd not Canelo. There is no way a career MiddleWeight at age 30+ can cut weight and still be effective. The only way is to go on something like Clenbuterol. Ask Floyd when he was 30+ if he could go back down to lightweight. The answer would be no. Cotto avoided Golovkin by paying him $800,000 to have him step aside. He did the right thing so he wouldn't jeopardize the Canelo fight by losing or getting badly hurt. The issue I have with Cotto is him saying he was considering not paying Golovkin the money owed him.
          Last edited by TonyGe; 01-31-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I see j.lozer is spamming again. Like most here I don't see his posts but it's pretty annoying to see 7-8 straight posts of "This message is hidden because j.razor is on your ignore list."

Posts I'm sure he's still just talking to himself offering nothing of substance with even less objectivity with no knowledge or insight whatsoever? He's probably stalking me too. I hope it makes him cry that he doesn't even get a response or an acknowledgment like some fan that's been snubbed.

Maybe we'll take it to a ban vote? Spamming is considered a banable offense, right? Selfishly hijacking threads by posting nonsense nobody reads.
            Last edited by chrisJS; 01-31-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Duran also showed incredible courage on multiple occasions and after this fight. I guarantee Floyd, for example wouldn't dare step up to Hagler right in his prime. I doubt Floyd steps into the ring with a 154 Hearns or fights a huge middleweight like Barkley as he's pushing 40.

Duran had a moment of madness but he made up for it and then some.
              You so full of it....LOL....just like a lying media member.

Comment

You are fast becoming the biggest GGG hater of all the many GGG haters on here. You cannot let a single day go by without starting at least one thread trashing GGG and often multiple threads attacking him. Your hatred of this nice guy and excellent fighter is over the top excessive and weird. You are going to keep trashing him and I will keep on defending him and calling you on your lies and BS as I do for any boxer who I think is being trashed wrongly and unfairly.
                Nobody hates Triple L, we just don't like the lies..you know the weird ones you guys do

Comment

The haters would have given Floyd no credit when he made easy work of 97G. We would have heard the same excuses we always hear: "He was weight drained. He was past his prime. He was too green. He had never fought a fighter on Floyd's level. Kenny Bayless cheated". They would have jumped off the 97G bandwagon and created a new boogeyman

Comment

Another idiotic statement by the resident idiot. Your hero refused to fight GGG at 154 when he was the champion at that weight and that's a fact. Insulting GGG's fans won't make that fact go away. Your hero curred out. He wanted no part of even a weight drained 14 pound GGG just as he wanted no part of a 154 pound Canelo. It would have been a huge fight that made Floyd lots of money but he valued his 0 more than the money. GGG would have crushed him.
                    Cut it out, no one knew Triple L until he was getting tagged by a welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
                      Let's be honest and first admit that you dont care to even attempt to understand GGG or his fans. Quit lying to yourself.

I'm a fan of GGG and some of his other fans do take it over board, but let's look at this objectively.

When GGG said anyone from 154-168 he did it in an attempt to promote himself. It's no different than when boxers use other people's names to promote themselves.

When he said that who actually wanted to fight GGG? Compared to other fighters how good was his promoters?

GGG was stuck in Germany fighting nobodies because of his piss poor promotion. It's one thing to choose to fight bums and it's another to not have the opportunity.

****, even all you GGG haters claim his title defense record is fake, but the reality is that the super champ wanted none of GGG at the time.

When broke into the US market and wanted to make a name for himself in what, 2013, he called out anyone 154-168. How many of those people but? None. Even ward was way too big at the time the fight could have happened as he was one, a LHW at the time, and two, he priced himself out, and three, GGG didnt need big names to make his name as he already had made one for himself.

And jesus. Cotto paid GGG to step aside and not fight so he could instead fight canelo. Then Canelo dropped the WBC so he wouldn't have to fight GGG.

Why couldnt GGG move to 154 for canelo? Um. Because GGG is the 160 champ? And just like we all know, Canelo is a true MW, who drains to SWW.

Canelo even fought Cotto for the 160 belt at 155. Let me ask you how many fighters fight for the championship of a division at the weight limit of the next lowest division?

And then he proceeded to fight at 164 RIGHT after.

Look at all the 154lbers now. Why wont canelo go to 154 so they can fight for the 160 title? Huh?

Your own problem is fanboyism when you dont even know half the facts yet regurgitate the same **** over and over.

Floyd was called scared and a cherrypicker because that's what he is. Everyone wanted floyd and he made great business decisions. He had a great platform and good promotion.

What did GGG have?

It took GGG until 35 to get big money fights. The same cannot be said for Mayweather.

GGGs choices have always been limited and hes never had the same benefit of doubt that Mayweather has that now Canelo has.

When people say you need to win 8 clean rounds against canelo to win or knock him out they arent lying. The same thing applies to Floyd.

It was never that way for GGG.
                      It must suck to be a fan of a fighter that lost to Jacobs but givin' the decision then losing to Nelo twice but getting a gift draw in the 1st fight where Nelo clearly out boxed him.

He must be the biggest hype job of this era

Comment

Working...
                      X