Looks Like Mikey Garcia Will Be First Zuffa Boxing Fighter Signed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like Mikey Garcia Will Be First Zuffa Boxing Fighter Signed

Thoughts, opinions?

I told y'all mfers PBC is gonna get plundered this year between Zuffa & Hearn coming to the states. Go look at the free agent boxers out there. There aren't any worth a damn EXCEPT Haymon guys who are affiliated with PBC.

Excellent. PBC has the platform. They just need a face for the franchise. I heard some other good stuff is coming too.

Comment

Peter Nelson already on White's jock?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Excellent. PBC has the platform. They just need a face for the franchise. I heard some other good stuff is coming too.
        Are you suggesting this isn't an acquisition of Mikey so much as the beginning of some PBC/Zuffa merging situation? Or what are you suggesting exactly?

I've heard people saying that from the get go, but idk if that makes sense for Zuffa Boxing. Idk if that makes sense for PBC for that matter. I do think whatever PBC is these days is in a more fluid form that will re-find what it wants to be at some future date if it is to survive to at some point find a TV deal of some sort one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Peter Nelson already on White's jock?
          I suspect Zuffa Boxing will be working with Fox/ESPN who will apparently be who their next TV deal will be with or the leading bidder at the moment anyway.

I'd be surprised if we see HBO & Zuffa working together.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Are you suggesting this isn't an acquisition of Mikey so much as the beginning of some PBC/Zuffa merging situation? Or what are you suggesting exactly?

I've heard people saying that from the get go, but idk if that makes sense for Zuffa Boxing. Idk if that makes sense for PBC for that matter. I do think whatever PBC is these days is in a more fluid form that will re-find what it wants to be at some future date if it is to survive to at some point find a TV deal of some sort one day.
            I’m not sure what’s at play regarding Zuffa. I think we need to see if this is a deal with Mikey the fighter or a co-promoter deal with him

But... there are some other rumblings going on. Guess we’ll have to just wait and see what it’s all about.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I’m not sure what’s at play regarding Zuffa. I think we need to see if this is a deal with Mikey the fighter or a co-promoter deal with him

But... there are some other rumblings going on. Guess we’ll have to just wait and see what it’s all about.
              Would that be Garcia Promotions doe?

I wouldn't be surprised if Garcia wants to blow up his own family promotion on the backs of the UFC which is likely to have a bigger built in audience than most beginning promoters.

Whats the other rumblings? I'm out of the loop lately cuz I was starting to think this Zuffa thing might not be a go anymore cuz its taken almost 6mos into the year now before they've have done much of anything yet.

Although I was thinking a TV deal would need to get figured out beforehand so I guess that part makes sens obviously.

Comment

Mikey wanted to be the #1 guy. Bob didn't give off the vibe he was going to make Mikey his #1 guy so Mikey left. Hopefully Zuffa makes him the #1 guy and Mikey runs with it.

Comment

the question is Mikey staying with Haymon or not if he signs with White. Because Dana White is a control freak is he fine just becoming another sham promoter taking orders like Dibella? Or is this like Daniel Jacobs signing with Hearn which ended all ties with PBC. Hearn now has complete control of the fights that are made for Jacobs.

Another issue if this is like the Hearn signing Dana White months ago said flat out he will not work with Arum or Oscar. Mikey just moved back down to 135 everyone is hoping this is to set up a showdown with the winner of Linares/Loma. I guess that kills those fights because Linares is signed with Golden Boy and Loma is signed with Top Rank. As a fan of Mikey I'm worried this signing. He should just stay free agent and then bounce back and forth to whoever he needs to get the fights.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-03-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Thoughts, opinions?

I told y'all mfers PBC is gonna get plundered this year between Zuffa & Hearn coming to the states. Go look at the free agent boxers out there. There aren't any worth a damn EXCEPT Haymon guys who are affiliated with PBC.
                    Haymon is a genius

Comment

Working...
                    X