No announcement yet.

Fight purses: GGG 1mil Vanes $225k

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    This forum way too into what another man earns. For those ridiculing GGG's purse that's probably about 10 or 20x more than what you earn in a year and this is an easy day at the office for him.

Well, he has to train for weeks leading up to it, then has to eat some punches depending on who he's fighting.

Personally, I'd rather make 75k/yr my whole life and have my brain fully intact going into upper middle age.

Comment

Could Eddie Hearn pay GGG more than what he's getting paid?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        What's the problem? Football and basketball fans talk about the salary cap. Boxing doesn't have a major TV rights deal like the other sports We the fans subsidize the sport. Fans should know the financial side of boxing because that's how the fights we pay for get made.
        I mean in the sense to knock what a guys making. I typically don't care what a fighters earning as long as he's getting paid well because it's a hard sport with a ton of sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          And folks were giving Spike grief for turning down the money after they made him a offer he agreed to their terms then they cut his pay in half. We now see why they chose Vanes. He is the worst least risk fighter they could find who was willing to fight for shyt pay. Jesus Cuellar coming off long layoff and moving up weight as the 3rd undercard fight was paid 350K to get executed by Gervonta Davis in a title fight. Hugo Centeno even got paid more 235K, then Vanes.

As for GGG he should moved the date, got a better fight and better pay. Instead he taking shyt money, 1M? And probably losing his IBF belt in the process. Oh and he still hasn't sold out the tiny azz Stubhub. They already giving tickets away for free.
          Spike has yet to make 100k in any of his fights. Doubt he makes that for todays fight.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
            Spike has yet to make 100k in any of his fights. Doubt he makes that for todays fight.
            He'll make more than what Vanes is making today and what he was originally offered by GGG when he fights Canelo in Sept

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
              1 mill after expenses is nothing.

You lose 40% to tax, so now you got 600k... promoter/manager/trainer/cutman combined take about 40% so now you only have around 350k... now you still got pay for training/camp/travel/food etc... realistically on a million dollar payday you’re only clearing about 250-300k

Nothing to look down at, but a far cry from clearing 1 million.
              That's only the guaranteed purse.

Golovkin is the major star in Kazakhstan, they'll be good overseas TV money to factor in.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Compared to Canelo it is. Like Wilder without Joshua. These hype jobs demand what they don't deserve. They get all the hype and still can't bring in the money by themselves.
                20 title defenses isn't hype, stupid

Comment

Nice payday for Vanes.

What about the undercard?

Comment

That's kind embarrassing. I mean it's a nice pay day for a tune up fight that might last like 3 rounds, but it does hurt his reputation as well.

Comment

I doubt Charlo would fight Golovkin for $500K. Lara's manager hinted asking for $5 mil. These folks might as well stop pretending they want the Kazakhstan superstar, then ask for astronomical sums of money. Makes them look foolish.
                      Last edited by brettWall; 05-04-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X