Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is boxing most beloved fighter on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    It's sad because it's become so phony and political. And racial. People who bash technical fighters who use veteran tactics (Mayweather, Ward) just adore Loma, who is the same thing, but white.
    They love GG for his action and drama but hate Wilder.
    Brook sat on the title for 2 years and was defended for it but guys like Spence, Crawford, and Charlo are shredded if they aren't fighting the top guy next week.

I feel like the only thing I post on here anymore is commentary on the hypocrisy of all these fanboys.
    WTF are you talking about? Mayweather, Ward and Loma all have very different styles, it’s just they’re all elite at what they do.

However to the question I’d say Maidana used to get love from most. Bradley before Pacquiao was pretty well respected by all. Cotto before he became a diva and started talking about himself in the 3rd person was pretty well loved. Sergio got a lot of love.

Honestly you won’t find anyone that becomes a big draw that doesn’t have haters. Some people seem to hate success.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
      WTF are you talking about? Mayweather, Ward and Loma all have very different styles, it’s just they’re all elite at what they do.
      Other people seemed to understand it just fine. They all have technical approaches and all use rough tactics. Yet, some criticize one guy for a specific thing while making excuses for another when they do the exact thing. To deny that is to just be part of the problem.
      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-18-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

You just have to ask yourself a couple questions. Why would there be any reason to criticize or even "hate" fighter XY? There are fighters out there being immature and annoying, loudmouthes and when it comes to fighting they barely face the best available out there. There are spoonfed manufactured stars and there are actual legitimate fighters that came from nothing and made it. There's a reason more intelligent posters prefer fighters a b c to fighters x y and z.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Other people seemed to understand it just fine. They all have technical approaches and all use rough tactics. Yet, some criticize one guy for a specific thing while making excuses for another when they do the exact thing. To deny that is to just be part of the problem.
          Technical approaches and rough tactics yes, but they’re still very different fighters. All great, but different. Agree to disagree I guess.

Edit to add if you’re just talking about the criticism I get that. I was more reading it as you saying they have the same style which I completely disagree with.
          Last edited by pacmanis1; 04-18-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            Fanboyism is easy to fall into. I think we've all done it to a point.

However, after reading enough posts on here, you start to think 'You know, Guy A can do no wrong while Guy B can do no right.'

Wilder is a great example. I bashed him plenty on here because of his sloppy style. However, when he beat Ortiz, I praised him. I mean, going in, Ortiz was a very live dog. And Wilder dropped him and then got in some trouble and then came through with a KO. I couldn't knock him for that. I gave him praise. He went out and got it done. That's what top fighters do. Of course, you still had the same old guys knocking Ortiz for being old and what not, but I'm sorry. Wilder faced a real threat and got the job done through adversity. That's what champions do.

Loma is another one. He gets a lot of love here and plenty of hate as well. When he beat Rigo, he said after the fight that he didn't consider it a great win and some definitely acknowledged that but others tried to tear down the win as usual. It's like, you know he could never do anything to please some of these people. It would never be enough. If he beats Linares convincingly which I believe he'll do, you'll still have people bashing the win when Linares is considered the top 135 pound fighter out there right now and it's Loma's first fight at the new weight. You'll have posters pointing out Loma fighting in the amateurs at 135 and we'll be hearing about the Salido fight from here on out. It's like, let it go.

I'll tackle Ward as well. Now, I never liked his style. And yes, I thought he did foul regularly. It was mainly the Kessler fight that pissed me off. Lots of fighters foul in some way but I never saw Kessler foul at all. Maybe he did but I didn't see it. And Ward clearly fouled him imo. That said, he definitely beat Froch without fouling and he definitely beat Kovalev in the rematch. The fight was close imo going into the eighth round but Kov was definitely weakening. Had the low blows not happened at the end (I really wish they hadn't and were unnecessary), Kov was on the way out anyway. I still hate to admit this TBH, but it's true. He admitted it in an interview that he was drinking too much in those days and it caught up to him. So Ward had some great wins and deserves praise without question.

Lastly, Mayweather. I never was a fan of his either, obviously. However, the more I look back, he did some really great things in and out of the ring. Gatti might have been washed up but Mayweather sliced and diced him like nobody else ever did. So props to him for that. He also broke Corrales down like it was nothing and Chico was a top fighter at the time. He had several other very notable wins and will go down as ATG for sure. The Pac fight was closer to me than some thought, but Mayweather convinced the judges as well as most fans. What more can you do? So there's that. And many of his business moves were downright genius. So I give him plenty of praise even if I'm not a fan.

In closing, they're fighters. They're not gods. Yes, they make mistakes and yes, they may have styles that doesn't agree with you, but at the end of the day, they all deserve praise when they get to that top level. It's a massive achievement in a brutal sport. Fanboys just take things too far most times.
            Tremendous post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
              Tremendous post.
              Thanks, brother!!

Comment

Mikey Garcia and lomachenko seem to be the most respected on here.

Outside of the trolls, pretty much everyone is in agreement that these dudes are the goods..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Mikey Garcia and lomachenko seem to be the most respected on here.

Outside of the trolls, pretty much everyone is in agreement that these dudes are the goods..
                  Lomachenko for sure, he's great but I disagree about Mikey. He gets flack, and rightfully so, for name dropping a lot of fighters he has no intentions in fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Lomachenko for sure, he's great but I disagree about Mikey. He gets flack, and rightfully so, for name dropping a lot of fighters he has no intentions in fighting.
                    I respected Mikey Garcia when he returned and KO'ed the 5'4 lightweight. But what really irritated me was the Linares-Easter situation, after calling out Linares and Easter after the KO to which Easter and Linares were anticipating to start the negotiations after their fight, all of a sudden Mikey Garcia is moving up to 140 after Easter pretty much said "I agree to everything you demanded, let's just do the negotiations to make it official."

And also. Murat Gassiev/Oleksandr Usyk.

Comment

I would admit I posted alot of fanboyish stuff, especially when my guy wins, but I give credit to where credit is due. You can't take a man's credit away after picking the opponent to beat the man.

Comment

Working...
                      X