Canelo is the Boxer and Golovkin is the Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    What?........
    He's done that in the AMS and in the pro game. Kassim Ouma landed like 250 punches on him cause he wasn't afraid, now Kassim was shot and a very light puncher.

Kell Brook had no pop either but as soon as he was outboxing GGG, Gennady went back to brawling.

He tried to brawl Jacobs too.

He brawled Despaigne, Dirrel and pretty much every good boxer and Geale is a **** boxer and he still brawled him.

Comment

So you guys still think GGG is the better boxer?

Comment

The boxer won tonight, too.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          I hope not.

Canelo's boxing skills always underrated because he is slow on his feat, but he is elusive.

What sucks is his stamina. But toe to toe, with stamina, GGG was missing almost all and Canelo landing.

Comment

Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
            The boxer won tonight, too.
            I thought it was a draw. Looks like somebody couldn't even get the W against the old man

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
              Ummm yes, he outboxed the **** out of Canelo, who like I said, is all flash and no substance. Jab was in Canelo's face all night. Canelo had success for about 30 seconds of each round before being outboxed and outfought for final 2:30 minutes.

The only time Canelo landed after the 3rd was when Golovkin decided to fight up close. When Golovkin decided to use the jab, he pushed Canelo ass back onto the rope.

Canelo was running and holding onto the ropes trying to catch a breath, that's not boxing. Canelo got schooled.

Comment

Golovkin walked around the ring scared to let his hands go

Comment

GGG's boxing skills are really his chin and stamina. That's what he showed this fight - chin and stamina. I didn't see any skills.

Comment

Canelo is the better more dynamic fighter but GGG has a style that you need to fight every second of every round, Canelo was gassed after 5 rounds and I never saw him get his second wind, he would throw early in rounds but fade after 40 seconds.

Great fight that I would love to see again, a draw is fair giving Canelo the close rounds. GGG was missing a lot but also landing more consistent. GGG looked nervous the first 3-4 rounds, his punches looked slow too.

Canelo really needs to work on his stamina and body shots, his body shots were the best thing he had going to night and his stamina was sheeeeeeet.

Comment

Canelo almost had GGG but his stamina was not up to the task. So the fight is a close one. I don't mind the draw or GGG winning slightly because he is the main aggressor of the fight and Canelo was never really in full control after the stamina issue kicked in. It felt like he is one step away from being walked on by GGG.

I don't think anything can be done about that stamina, it's been his issue ever since. So next fight you won't see a better Canelo, it's the best he can be against a fighter like GGG. GGG on the other hand, can throw more body shots for a change, instead of throwing haymaker over and over on the chin when Canelo does that exaggerated pivoting, GGG should turn some into a big body shots. Maybe then he'll get in more power shots to canelo's chin later on. GGG was too late in figuring out that exaggerated pivot thing. It's the only thing that made canelo seem slick and evasive. If GGG would have thrown great body shots instead on focusing on chin when canelo pivots he could have isolated Canelo more into a position he preferred.

Comment

Working...
                      X