Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch would knock DeGale out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Degale sort's out his stamina (IMO he over-trained) I think he can KO Froch, Degale can bang if he fades tho the cobra KO's him roughly same time as he did Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Froch would have to hit him first. Andre Dirrell is a superb technician and he was missing like a caveman at times.
      Dirrell was catching james with some decent shots but they had no sting in them. Carl would bully DeGale and stop him easy. The only way DeGale could beat Froch is to knock him out, and that isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
        Dirrell was catching james with some decent shots but they had no sting in them. Carl would bully DeGale and stop him easy. The only way DeGale could beat Froch is to knock him out, and that isn't happening.
        Dirrell landed the odd shot. Mostly missing. We all saw how Froch could barely hit Dirrell with a bag of rice.

Comment

Can't hit what you can't see. Here is the thing though. While I dislike Froch for his comments towards Amir, but that's different from his boxing, where he has had a tremendous career, tribute to the sport a real road warrior, but now it's time to retire. No point losing to an up and comer and for what? It would be like Marquez ruining his momentum by losing to Bradley instead of retiring right after Pacquiao.

Not every SMW torch has to be passed on like Eubank-Calzaghe.
          Last edited by Box-Office; 05-23-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I like DeGale and had him winning by 2 rounds but Froch is a totally different animal. DeGale hasn't got the engine to deal with Froch and Carl would knock him out as soon as he tired, which would be around the sixth round.
            I agree with the highlighted part but he has a very underrated chin, I don't think Froch can land often or clean enough to KO DeGale. I see it being a long night for Froch and DeGale definitely has the handspeed and technical ability to land on Froch early, problem is, DeGale doesn't have teh stamina to take it into the later rounds and win. Froch would wind up winning a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Dirrell landed the odd shot. Mostly missing. We all saw how Froch could barely hit Dirrell with a bag of rice.
              This Dirrell was no where near as sharp as the one that fought Froch. Five years five fights was it? Nah mate Dirrell landed some good shots and good combos. If he had any pop he'd have hurt DeGale bad. James' engine is crap and Carl is a 15 round fighter, I can only see one outcome.

Comment

Froch too slow for DeGale! DeGale also has good Defense and movement so he is hard to hit clean. DeGale Circles the ring nicely, very impressed by that and he keeps his opponents feet moving, what this does it makes it hard for them to load up. He is also good at angles and knowing his Distance. Dirrell is very fast and he was making Dirrell miss easily most of the first half of that fight.

DeGale scores a comfortable UD over Froch IMO

Comment

Said for a long time that DeGale is a bad matchup for Froch. Nothing tonight changes my mind on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    Can't hit what you can't see. Here is the thing though. While I dislike Froch for making towards Amir, but that's different from his boxing, where he has had a tremendous career, tribute to the sport a real road warrior, but now it's time to retire. No point losing to an up and comer and for what? It would be like Marquez ruining his momentum by losing to Bradley instead of retiring right after Pacquiao.

Not every SMW torch has to be passed on like Eubank-Calzaghe.
                    Can't hit what you can't see? Are you having a laugh mate? Dirrell was landing at will in the mid rounds, it was embarrassing.

Comment

Can't hit what you can't see? Are you having a laugh mate? Dirrell was landing at will in the mid rounds, it was embarrassing.
                      He wasn't..

Comment

Working...
                      X