Ellen Page Comes Out As Gay At Human Rights Campaign Time to Thrive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellen Page Comes Out As Gay At Human Rights Campaign Time to Thrive

Published on 15 Feb 2014 The 26-year-old actress told the crowd "I'm here
    today because I am gay," adding "and because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for
    me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility." Page was speaking at the Human Rights Campaign's THRIVE conference, an event supporting LGBTQ youth. Page spoke of the pressures of a life in the spotlight, and the toll that celebrity can take on one's life. "It's weird because here I am, an actress, representing -- at least in some sense -- an industry
    that places crushing standards on all of us," the star
    of the upcoming movie "X-Men: Days of Future
    Past" said. "Not just young people, but everyone.

Standards of beauty. Of a good life. Of success. Standards that, I hate to admit, have affected me." According to The Hollywood Reporter, Page
    expressed displeasure with gender stereotyping, and
    pointed to examples of "courage all around us," including football player Michael Sam, "Orange Is the New Black" star Laverne Cox and musicians
    Tegan and Sara Quinn. The Human Rights Campaign posted Page's
    remarks online. Watch the amazing warm reception
    to her coming out at minute 5:20 in the video above posted by the Human Rights Campaign. Page has previously advocated for women's
    empowerment and lamented sexism in the entertainment industry.

I don't think any woman can ever be 100% gay. Women aren't 100% anything, they change their minds and their emotions too much and too easily, they're so fragile that they'll cling to anything strong enough to carry them.

I think that even the gayest women just haven't found the right guy or met too many wrong guys.

Men differ in that when we find something good we usually stick to it and refine it and master it and not change our minds about it. Men and women exist to balance and give meaning to the other.

It's like we were designed for each other, the way we each have the answers to the other's questions.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-15-2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
      I don't think any woman can ever be 100% gay. Women aren't 100% anything, they change their minds and their emotions too much and too easily, they're so fragile that they'll cling to anything strong enough to carry them.

I think that even the gayest women just haven't found the right guy or met too many wrong guys.

Men differ in that when we find something good we usually stick to it and refine it and master it and not change our minds about it. Men and women exist to balance and give meaning to the other.

It's like we were designed for each other, the way we each have all the answers to the other's questions.
      Just when I thought your stupidity had plateaued you plumb new depths.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Just when I thought your stupidity had plateaued you plumb new depths.
        I don't plateau, i climb.

Whatever it is you mis-concieve as stupidity has in fact strengthened. Evidently along with your close mindedness.

Comment

Whatever it is you mis-concieve as stupidity has in fact strengthened. Evidently along with your close mindedness.
          Your stupidity is climbing. That is quite amazing.

Comment

Let's just examine what this tremulous dolt is saying:

Ellen Paige cannot be gay because she is a woman. Women cannot be gay because they can never make their minds up. Something something design.

Let's just hope that such idiocy is never weaponised.

Comment

lol no pinche mames ese.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Let's just examine what this tremulous dolt is saying:

Ellen Paige cannot be gay because she is a woman. Women cannot be gay because they can never make their minds up. Something something design.

Let's just hope that such idiocy is never weaponised.
                You're connecting all the wrong pieces dude. TBH I think you're making yourself look dumb lol. You sound like you don't understand women. I didn't say anything that wasn't true.

The only thing I've ever had to say to get a lesbian to fall for me is something along the lines of "I don't believe love chooses a gender, we love who we love for who they are and how much they love us back, regardless of any other factor"
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-15-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Unrelated, but is there a more annoying woman than Ellen Degeneres?.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                    Unrelated, but is there a more annoying woman than Ellen Degeneres?.
                    To further my point..Here's the reason why Ellen Degeneres is a lesbian: because no man is attracted to her.

Comment

Working...
                    X