Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko make a racist statement about Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitali is a classy man. He was surely referring to Haye's behaviour, which reminds me of an ape.

Even if that comment was racist, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
      So that means you are not allowed to use a black person's name and the word "jungle" in one sentence? **** political correctness.
      No but it's a sensitive subject at the moment especially between parts of eastern Europe and England. With what's going on in football at the moment and the monkey chants in the Europa League/U21's.

For the American's that don't follow football (soccer) racism has been a huge issue in football because you get so many different nationalities playing in England and teams travel around europe to play. England's under 21 defender Danny Rose was racially abused using monkey chants during a match which resulted in a fight. John Terry and Suarez have been allegedly racist during EPL games. Tottenham players Defoe and Lennon were subjects of racism chants in Italy against Lazio.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulle View Post
        Vitali is a classy man. He was surely referring to Haye's behaviour, which reminds me of an ape.

Are you serious?

Racism is deplorable, no one should be subject to abuse based on their nationality or race there's nothing they can do about it.

Comment

The full quote shows that there's no racism imo. Vitali is saying that Haye belongs on reality TV, not in a jungle.

Comment

No, try again

Comment

Originally posted by Kulle View Post

A lot of people care you ****ing dumbass. Black folk like Vitali and sometimes like Wlad.
              Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 11-10-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                Referring to a boxing scene article recently posted, Vitali comments on Haye's appearance on a reality show based in the jungle called I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here:

“I know that Haye is currently in the jungle, because he's participating in a reality show. This is a proper place for him, he should also train over there”.

Just making a poll on this to gauge the general consensus as quite a few people have commented in the original thread that they found the statement to be racist.
                racist? Nope
                Funny? Yes

Comment

If you think that is a racist comment then you are ******ed. He just means it because Haye is an animal and doesn't belong in society due to his behavior. And can people stop with calling mixed race people black. His Mum is White and his Dad is Black, so why would you call him black? Same as Barrack Obama... I don't get it. If you are 50% white and 50% black, you are not black or white, you are mixed race.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    Because of America history, in 1920's America adopted the one-drop rule which meant if you had at least one drop of black blood you were considered black and that stigma hasn't been removed really as of yet from the US.

Then the law's changed and depending on the state you could only be considered legally white if you were only one quarter black or one eighth black.

During the 20th century the black power movement then claimed anyone with African ancestry was black in order to establish political power. Just have a look at the one drop rule on the net, it's quite interesting.
                    Thank you but I'm well aware of america's racial history, my question was "why do people KEEP calling biracial people black". And by people I mean members of this forum. You have a brain, you use it to surf the web and log into this forum, that means you can use it to realize it's stupid to assign one race to a biracial person.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                      No but it's a sensitive subject at the moment especially between parts of eastern Europe and England. With what's going on in football at the moment and the monkey chants in the Europa League/U21's.

For the American's that don't follow football (soccer) racism has been a huge issue in football because you get so many different nationalities playing in England and teams travel around europe to play. England's under 21 defender Danny Rose was racially abused using monkey chants during a match which resulted in a fight. John Terry and Suarez have been allegedly racist during EPL games. Tottenham players Defoe and Lennon were subjects of racism chants in Italy against Lazio.
                      I dont think Vitali should have to weigh up absolutely everything before he speaks just in case some people interpret what he says as racist.

I understand what u are saying, but imo he clearly didnt mean it as racist, and it takes a large leap of logic to connect what he said to anything racist.

If Haye was not spending the next 2 weeks in the jungle, then it would be racist. If Haye didnt have a history of acting like a chimp, then it could be racist. But he is, and he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X