Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does David Haye belong in the top 10 Pound for Pound list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Price just dismantled Sam Sexton lets throw him in the p4p top 10 too, move over Andre Ward!

Comment

Absolutely not.

Comment

A win over Povetkin & a nice catch weight fight over Lebdev or Huck could certainly put him on the p4p list.

But a win over a fighter who lost to Tyson Fury does not make you p4p even if it his was his first ko loss.

Comment

**** like this is why ppl dont take the heavyweight division seriously...no1 deserves to be anywhere near the p4p list in the heavyweight division unless their name has a klitchsko in it.

Comment

All I know is that Bradley deserves to be there.....

Comment

I voted no. One great fight is not enough and the guy he beat was not in any top 10 list or even close.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                and I guess your reasoning is that Haye is not american, right? LOL
                No. That's pretty dumb, since I'm not American, I live in the UK, I like Haye, and I couldn't care less where a fighter comes from anyway.

My reasoning is that he's nowhere near being one of the top P4P fighters in the sport. P4P level fighters fight and beat the best guys in their division. Haye doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  **** like this is why ppl dont take the heavyweight division seriously...no1 deserves to be anywhere near the p4p list in the heavyweight division unless their name has a klitchsko in it.
                  The Klitschkos (particularly Wladimir) are really the antithesis of pound for pound because it's their size advantage over most of their opponents which is their main asset. If you reduce the Klitschko size and say made them light heavyweights, Wladimir would have retired with more losses than wins by now. Vitali on the other hand could have still been a champion. But Klitschkos main attribute is their size.

P4P is if the fighter was in any weight class, would their skills still rank them as among the best fighters in the world. Like I said, Wladimir is way too one-dimensional to be considered p4p worthy, you reduce his poundage to 147 and Floyd or Manny would have destroyed him within only a few rounds. But Vitali would still possibly be a p4p candidate IMO, that guy could actually fight and he had more dimensions to his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                    The Klitschkos (particularly Wladimir) are really the antithesis of pound for pound because it's their size advantage over most of their opponents which is their main asset. If you reduce the Klitschko size and say made them light heavyweights, Wladimir would have retired with more losses than wins by now. Vitali on the other hand could have still been a champion. But Klitschkos main attribute is their size.

P4P is if the fighter was in any weight class, would their skills still rank them as among the best fighters in the world. Like I said, Wladimir is way too one-dimensional to be considered p4p worthy, you reduce his poundage to 147 and Floyd or Manny would have destroyed him within only a few rounds. But Vitali would still possibly be a p4p candidate IMO, that guy could actually fight and he had more dimensions to his game.
                    Drivel. That's like saying that Roy Jones wasn't P4P because it was more speed and athleticism than skills that made him great. If Roy didn't have the sheer athleticism he did, would he have been as successful? Of course not. Does that mean that he was any less of a top P4P fighter in his day? Not at all. The Klitschko's size being a major factor in why they dominate their division is the same thing.

Comment

Incidentally, size doesn't guarantee success in the heavyweight division, even in its current, weakened state. There are other Klitschko-sized fighters over the past few years who have done nothing. Ty Fields. Michael Grant, Audley Harrison. Even Valuev, who was never even remotely close to being considered P4P like the Klitschkos.

Size is a huge part of their success, obviously, but it's also far from being the only part.

Comment

Working...
                      X