Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iF Cotto fights Mayweather, who should train him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
    Am I the only person who see the same old Cotto?

Sure, He was motivated and in probably the best condition in his life to beat Marg, but that doesn't change the fact he's still the same fighter he's always been. He can still be hit and he can still be beat.

I personally think Cotto/May wouldn't be a bad fight, might even have it's moments but i do see Cotto getting picked apart on the way to a late TKO.
    I pretty much agree, he looks pretty much the same guy to me. His talent appears the same and his flaws are pretty much the same.

The only thing different now is people really recognize his flaws as opposed to before when people glossed over them.

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
      anyone think cotto has the same ability to do what castillo did to mayweather in their first fight?
      he has the ability but will have to go back to the stlye from 05-07

Comment

I like the trainer thats training him now he's got Cotto going back to the basics.

Comment

anyone think cotto has the same ability to do what castillo did to mayweather in their first fight?
          If Cotto has the same Arm length as Castillo yes, I believe he would give a good fight, Mayweather was caught by 2 counters in the Mosley Fight, Cotto is good counterpuncher, but i think he needs to switch his olimpic walking and boxing in circles mode. IMO Castillo was very frontal and took advantage everytime Mayweather was on the ropes.

Comment

Cotto should be feinting his jab more than he uses it, and by a lot. Mayorga has fast hands, but not Floyd quick and even he got some right hands over Cotto's jab. If Cotto just double/triple jabs over and over Floyd will counter it all night and just stop Cotto, but the problem for Floyd is Cotto doesn't have to get off first. He is just as patient as Floyd in the ring he is also a very smart fighter, he had to fight fast against Margarito but that isn't Cotto's type of fight. Cotto would have to feint for Floyd to throw a right and left hook to the body. Anytime I see that right hand move I'm telling Cotto to throw that left to the body while its open.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              if he can swallow his pride, freddie roach , no doubt....
              absolutely not, i can't see anything that roach would add to miguel cotto that would help him against mayweather, whereas i can envision a lot that he would screw up for him.

pedro díaz definitely the best bet, especially if cotto were to fight pacquiao again. i think díaz actually really wants him to go for that one and is confident he knows what to do.

Comment

I am so tired of people overrating Steward. No doubt he is a good trainer but he has weaknesses as a trainer(all trainers have weaknesses) as well and is not a good fit for everybody. Cotto left him for a reason just like Jermaine Taylor and Chad Dawson. I don't think Steward could lead Cotto to even make it that close of a fight.

No Cotto can not do the samething that Castillo did to PBF in the first fight. Why do so many people still bring that up like there was never a rematch? Add to that PBF is a completely different now than he was then. So why would something that troubled him once give him trouble now?

Comment

This is a whole different Floyd. He beat Castillo easy in the rematch. There is no way in hell he will get caught by the same gameplan twice. I liked what ODLH did for teh first fwe rounds, he used the jab alot to keep mayweather off balence and unable to set up straight rights, Cotto would need to double up on the jab and use it to get inside when he should look to rough mayweather up with nasty hooks to hte body and then clinching, No point in aiming hooks at floyds face becuase they will never ever land clean, might as well go low and always hit something.

If cotto could fight like that 1.5 minutes a round then just keep away he will win, no way will floyd come forward and due to the low activity of floyd cotto should not tire to quick.

Comment

surprised no one has mentioned evangalista cotto

if they reunite he will probably commit himself to body punching again...that left hook to the body could stop anyone in his tracks and if he wants to discourage someone like mayweather he will have to reinvent himself by using that punch

Comment

Working...
                    X