No announcement yet.

Grandfather of killed teen says fight unfair

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Furn View Post
    I thought there has to be intent to commit murder ?

When driving someone to and from a burglary, i don't see how your intent is that they all die at any stage.

First-degree murder: any intentional murder that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought. Felony murder is typically first-degree.

Second-degree murder: any intentional murder with malice aforethought, but is not premeditated or planned.
    You are not committing a felony while driving him to work.

The rule of felony murder is a legal doctrine in some common law jurisdictions that broadens the crime of murder: when an offender kills (regardless of intent to kill) in the commission of a dangerous or enumerated crime (called a felony in some jurisdictions), he/she is guilty of murder.

Comment

If i give a guy a lift to work and he jumps out the window, i murdered him because if i didn't drive him he would't be dead ?
      You answered your own question.

Unless by "work" you mean "robbing somebodies house with weapons".

Different states, hell even counties, sometimes have differing prosecutorial guidelines here in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        they appeared to me very dumb kids and probably didn't fully understand what they were doing, but that doesn't take away from the inherent risk of violence that comes with a home invasion with brass knuckles and a knife. my only issue with any of this was the fact that the guy had an AR-15, and i don't think a civilian should be able to own one of those legally. if you break into a house and you're armed you deserve to be shot.

boom boom. welcome to Oklahoma.
        Why not? I wouldn't want the military using the ar's made for civilian use. I know you probably think those are what the military use but they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

The rule of felony murder is a legal doctrine in some common law jurisdictions that broadens the crime of murder: when an offender kills (regardless of intent to kill) in the commission of a dangerous or enumerated crime (called a felony in some jurisdictions), he/she is guilty of murder.
          Is this a normal thing or some county by-law ?

Seems completely ridiculous to me. what if someone dies of a brain tumour while you drive them to commit a crime ?

Plus she didn't kill anyone.

Comment

Seems completely ridiculous to me. what if someone dies of a brain tumour while you drive them to commit a crime ?

This is very normal in my trigger happy home town (when they convict).

She left one her homies dying in the driveway and drove away.

Comment

Unless they go full The Walking Dead, how are they carrying out said intended crime?

I can understand you having an issue with somebody being charged to such a degree, but no need to bring up ridiculous scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Unless they go full The Walking Dead, how are they carrying out said intended crime?

I can understand you having an issue with somebody being charged to such a degree, but no need to bring up ridiculous scenarios.
                Yep. If you think about it is at minimum armed robbery resulting in death.

Her being the planner and driver and ditching her shot homie is bad for her.

She played a big part in this. She wasn't just some innocent, wasn't me driver.

Her lawyers will of course try to plea it down. I don't think they will get far.

Comment

Intent doesn't need to be there when in commission of a felony.

That's the law in a lot of places.

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  You answered your own question.

Unless by "work" you mean "robbing somebodies house with weapons".

Different states, hell even counties, sometimes have differing prosecutorial guidelines here in the States.
                  Thank you gentlemen.

Comment

Yep. If you think about it is at minimum armed robbery resulting in death.

Her being the planner and driver and ditching her shot homie is bad for her.

She played a big part in this. She wasn't just some innocent, wasn't me driver.

Her lawyers will of course try to plea it down. I don't think they will get far.
                    Damn, had no idea she was as involved as she was with this deal.

She's washed.

The moral of today's story kids, is don't break into peoples homes uninvited.

Because believe it or not, people will send your ass out with more holes than what you came out of your momma with.
                    Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 04-04-2017, 12:19 AM.

Comment

She's doing life, or enough years to make it life essentially...

Comment

Working...
                      X