Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most beutiful footwork in boxing today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
    Yes, good call, he's definitely up there. Although not that "it isn't even close" . Just look at Yamanaka and Rigondeaux, they are absolutely brilliant in the way they move as well.
    I feel as though Rigo and Yama use their legs brilliantly as well, but not as frequently as Sillakh. As proven, Sillakhs chin is pretty damn sad, and so it makes sense now why his movement has been perpetual. He never stops bouncing or moving laterally all the while punching simultaneously and maneuvering his way around the ring at the right spot at the right time.

These type of things you don't get from rigo, as his footwork is sporadic. He only takes a step or 2 at the appropriate time, it isn't constant. He knows HOW to use his feet that's for sure, but I don't believe they are near as educated as TBR's.

If only the kid had the ability to take a punch....sigh

EDIT:

As for the people saying Manny, no.. just no. Manny has the amazing tendency to dive in with his powerful legs and fall off balance if his punch is slipped. He also turns his opponent toward the CENTER of the ring instead of toward the ropes, which gives them an out and puts himself in a terrible position. He is a gifted athlete but i wouldn't go as far as to call his footwork anything other than sloppy. It's very sloppy and there isn't much thought put into it. When a fighter constantly spins himself into a corner, that isn't good foot work at all.
    Last edited by intoccabile; 07-16-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

i like gamboas

Comment

Rigo is the typ of fightr you put on DVD's on "How to box 101" his footwork is what they put in books. Truly Elite.

Comment

among those not yet mentioned:
          Paulie Malignaggi
          Anselmo Moreno
          Hassan N'Dam N'Jikiam
          Adrien Broner
          Alejandro Lopez

Comment

Working...
          X