Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox was the only broadcast network in 2019 with positive growth thanks to sports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox was the only broadcast network in 2019 with positive growth thanks to sports

But the streaming world is where viewers — particularly the younger ones — are flocking, and this year’s ranker of most-watched TV networks demonstrates that. The traditional networks that are heavily invested in live sports and news, two types of programming not easily replicated on a streaming platform, are holding steady. ...

Rupert Murdoch slimmed down his company this year, and the remaining portions of his stand-alone Fox Corp. are doing just fine without the heft. Led by sports and “The Masked Singer,” Fox ended 2019 as the only major broadcast network experiencing growth: up 4% from last year in total viewers. (It dipped 3% in adults 18-49 — the smallest decline of the Big Four). Fox News, meanwhile, weathered controversy to end the year as TV’s No. 5 network and most-watched cable outlet, with a slight 1% growth. (Not all was completely rosy for the company: Fox Sports 1 was down 9%, while Fox Sports 2 slipped a whopping 50%.)

My topic back in May telling people FOX was all in on boxing and people telling me I'm wrong

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=814616

Their yearly budget for boxing is less than 2 Canelo fights. Also less than what they were paying the UFC and they're getting about the same in ratings and a cut of the PPV. Fox is extremely happy

Comment

It's actually crazy how many viewers CBS gets.......And yet I never watch that network unless it is for NFL or March Madness. If CBS showed a few cards a year, it would do really good numbers, as we have already seen with Thurman vs DSG/Porter fights.

Comment

i still cant believe people watch the masked singer lol....although i did see a commercial for a lego show that looked at least to be semi interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          It's actually crazy how many viewers CBS gets.......And yet I never watch that network unless it is for NFL or March Madness. If CBS showed a few cards a year, it would do really good numbers, as we have already seen with Thurman vs DSG/Porter fights.
          why the fugg else would you watch that network lol

i cringe when im watching an nfl game and i see them run something about a show called "the unicorn" or "bob hearts absihola".....

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            why the fugg else would you watch that network lol

i cringe when im watching an nfl game and i see them run something about a show called "the unicorn" or "bob hearts absihola".....
            No clue, but obviously they are killing it in the ratings. Literally can't think of one movie or show I've watched on CBS.

Comment

No clue, but obviously they are killing it in the ratings. Literally can't think of one movie or show I've watched on CBS.
              Evil is a pretty good show

Comment

CBS caters to an older crowd I think that's why they get so many viewers. Since the beginning Fox has always catered to the younger crowd. CBD has to be looking at Fox and seeing the success they're having and thinking about putting some fights on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  CBS caters to an older crowd I think that's why they get so many viewers. Since the beginning Fox has always catered to the younger crowd. CBD has to be looking at Fox and seeing the success they're having and thinking about putting some fights on there.
                  They don't even need to look at FOX, just look at the numbers they did with the two fights I mentioned.

Comment

You were right once again. This is great news for the PBC. No reason why they wouldn't get their deal renewed with a bigger budget.

Comment

Working...
                    X