No announcement yet.

Ivan Dychko, 2012 and 2016 Olympic Bronze Medalist Pro Debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
    Did you think he beat Joshua at 2012 Olympics? I thought Ivan just nicked it personally and AJ definitely lost to Savon and Cammarelle in Final...hell you could even make a case for Zhang Zhilei although will give Joshua that one.

Considering his amateur pedigree, they need to be fast tracking Ivan Dychko and match him with much better opponents then the guy he beat.

He should be fighting guys in the Boxrec Top 200 for rest of 2017 and then Top 100 in 2018 and start moving him towards a World Title Shot by 2019.
    I would have to rewatch it. I like Joshua but he had so many close fights at the Olympics. He was almost awarded the Val Barker trophy too somehow.
    To be fair to Joshua he had a really tough draw. I mean Savon, Zhilei, Dychko, and Cammarelle. That is an extremely tough road. All of those guys are Olympic medalist. I thought Joshua lost to Savon and Cammarelle but I would have to go rewatch the Zhilei and Dychko fights.

Yeah, I agree Dychko should be moved faster.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
      What happened to him? I remember he announced he was going to turn pro with some Australian company in China but then he never had a fight. He's very good.
      Apparently he parted ways with MJA Entertainment and was looking to go back to the national team.
      I think he should just go pro.
      Top Rank need to look at this guy. He is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
        Yeah, I heard that he went back to the national team.
        These promoters are missing out. They sign much less talented fighters all of the time, but won't sign a guy like Daniyar?
        Who did Top Rank sign from the 2016 Olympics that is more talented than Daniyar? Michael Conlan? Shakur Stevenson? Vargas? Cintron? No.
        The prospects that have been looking the best as pros for Top Rank so far have been Robson Conceicao and to a lesser extent Teofimo Lopez. And they are not getting that much attention.

Egis Klimas needs to look into Yeleussinov.
        Yeleussinov is a Loma and Usyk type of talent. That would complete his trio of his most talented boxers at the moment.
        j
        I don't understand why Top Rank would sign Gaibnazarov and not Yeleussinov.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
          j
          I don't understand why Top Rank would sign Gaibnazarov and not Yeleussinov.
          I mean, I don't mind that they signed Gaibnazarov, obviously Yeleussinov is a much better talent.
          Gaibnazarov was able to sign with Klimas that is probably why Gaibnazarov was able to get a deal with Top Rank.
          Klimas basically leads to Top Rank, so Daniyar would probably have to sign with Klimas.
          If Klimas wanted to he probably could sign Yeleussinov. I'm sure he has the connections.

Comment

This was supposed to be a Dychko thread and it's slowly turning into a Yeleussinov thread.

I want Daniyar Yeleussinov to go pro dang it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              I don't see it.

Looks average at best.
              You're not the only one that doesn't see him becoming a successful pro.
              I want all the Super Heavyweight prospects that got a medal at these past Olympics to be successful pros so we can get some good rivalries in the Heavyweights. That is what has been missing at Heavyweight.

Comment

Ķ
                Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                That's true but Kazakhstan fans are super passionate about the sport. The best fans in amateur boxing are Uzbekistan and Kazakh fans.
                If you go look at Daniyar's instagram he has nearly 400K followers. He already has a nice following for a guy who has yet to really be promoted as a pro.
                If you go look at any fight from guys like Hasanboy Dusmatov on YouTube he gets over 100K viewers for his fights as an amateur. And he's a Light Flyweight.
                The Asian market has huge potential. That's why Arum is constantly talking about it. Why can't he try to enter it with someone like Yeleussinov, who is actually talented unlike Zou Shiming, and would fight in a very marketable weight class, the Welterweight division.

How high in weight will Conlan, Stevenson, and Vargas go up? Conlan and Stevenson have good height to go up a decent amount.
                Conlan said he wants to be a three weight Champion, so Featherweight, Super Feather, and Lightweight? He recently moved up from Super Bantam, because he probably can't make the weight anymore. Conlan had his best performance in his last fight to be fair and now he is scheduled on the Loma-Rigo undercard.
                Vargas is not really getting any attention from Top Rank. It's all about Conlan and Stevenson for them so far.

They should be looking at Robson Conceicao. Conceicao is guy that could be built as a rival for Loma. They already have history as amateurs. Fight in the same weight class. Conceicao can open up the Brazilian market, which also has potential.
                They need to fast track Conceicao though, because he did turn pro late.
                I say get him a fight against Yuriorkis Gamboa as the Co-main of the Loma-Rigo card. It will be all Gold medalist in the Main and Co-Main event. It just makes so much sense, doesn't it? Gamboa wouldn't cost that much anymore. He hasn't been looking too hot recently and is probably desperate for anything right now.

Top Rank should hire me, I would do an excellent job.
                Vargas is my boy, i don't know why he is not getting love by top rank, he looked far better than Shakur and Conlan in his first two fights.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                  Ķ

Vargas is my boy, i don't know why he is not getting love by top rank, he looked far better than Shakur and Conlan in his first two fights.
                  They see Conlan and Stevenson as bigger stars. I have my doubts on that. I don't think Stevenson has star potential. Conlan, maybe because he has the Irish behind him and has shown an exciting style at least.
                  Robson Conceicao and Teofimo Lopez have been the two most impressive fighters from the 2016 Olympics for Top Rank, but they are also aren't getting that much love.
                  We can only hope those three (Conceicao, Lopez, and Vargas start getting more appreciated).
                  If I were Top Rank I would take a risk on Conceicao now to be honest. Against someone like Gamboa. Very winnable fight for him.
                  I hope they give Gaibnazarov some shine as well. At least his fights have been entertaining.
                  Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 09-30-2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X