No announcement yet.

Is Glen Johnson a sore loser?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
    'Cause, he's complained a few times after being beaten pretty convincingly. Against Dawson he had his moments and hurt Dawson a couple times, but still got ouboxed. Against Woods the same. And he said that he won the fight both times. Now I know Glen is a nice guy and is called a gentleman by many, but this I don't get. Why can't he be humble and swallow the bitter pill and admit that he lost?
    Yes. Glenn Johnson is a sore loser. Him and Hopkins.

Here's an idea. Let's have Hopkins-Johnson 2. They can both NOT do enough to win the fight and then complain about the result.

Comment

I just hope Dawson is ready for the brutality. Because the way he looked after the fight with Johnson made me think he was scared. I would have given him a pass for not fighting a rematch. Glenn is like Clottey whos a bad match up for anyone because their heads are made of iron and they mawl you on the inside. Dawson has to work on cardio and accuracy so he can stay on his bike.

Comment

I think what tends to happen is If a fighter is getting dominated and then he hurts the fighter late in the fight he adds on like 6 rounds until his scorecard. Sometimes the boxing fans are even guilty of doing that. We forget what happened in the first 10 rounds and cry that it was a robbery when the guy that won the first 10 rounds struggles to win the championship rounds.

But I don't think Glen is a sore loser. He has been robbed a couple times in his life.

Comment

Glen got a raw deal in the chad fight. He had every right to get pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bay Bomber View Post
            I think what tends to happen is If a fighter is getting dominated and then he hurts the fighter late in the fight he adds on like 6 rounds until his scorecard. Sometimes the boxing fans are even guilty of doing that. We forget what happened in the first 10 rounds and cry that it was a robbery when the guy that won the first 10 rounds struggles to win the championship rounds.

But I don't think Glen is a sore loser. He has been robbed a couple times in his life.
            Johnson kept the early rounds close and dominated the last 3 rounds. It wasn't really a case of something like Andrade vs Bute when a fighter is being dominated and comes back in the late rounds.

that's b/c he ended up fighting johnson's fight for stretches. johnson only knows how to fight one way, dogg....when dawson was boxing, andm moving, he was winning the fight easily....and i was cheering for johnson the first fight.

expect the rematch to be like the tarver fights....won't be close, won't be any questions this time around. dawson will box, and not slug w/ johnson.
            Perhaps he ended up fighting in the trenches because of Johnson? He gets under-estimated all the time. Most of the exchanges were set up by Johnson's counter punches, even the big right hand that had Dawson on his way out was set up by a left which stunned Chad.

Maybe Dawson will beat him easily but that, as I said, remains to be seen. He wasn't that impressive in the Tarver rematch in my opinion. A lot of people thought Dawson would easily beat Johnson in the first fight which didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bay Bomber View Post

that must be it....i was pulling for glen the first fight, so coming from an unbiased point of view, i can honeslty say, chad won the fight. i gave glen a 10-8 round, but chad put enough points in the bank to win the fight....

after the fight, i was pissed, not b/c i felt glen got robbed, but b/c i felt he could've knocked chad out, but let him get away.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
                that must be it....i was pulling for glen the first fight, so coming from an unbiased point of view, i can honeslty say, chad won the fight. i gave glen a 10-8 round, but chad put enough points in the bank to win the fight....

after the fight, i was pissed, not b/c i felt glen got robbed, but b/c i felt he could've knocked chad out, but let him get away.
                How did you score the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  only dude that beat johnson convincingly was bhop.
                  Ottke beat johnson convincingly, one of the few top level fights he didn't get a hometown decision on, Johnson was very poor in that fight, he let Ottke dictate the pace which played right into his featherfisted hands.

Comment

Johnson had a right to complain in most of his losses. He lost more controversial decisions than anyone in boxing. It is also why he retains his high ranking in spite of having so many losses on his record. Unfortunitely he is getting old and he only has a few more chances to get the benefit of the doubt from judges.

Comment

I'm actually predicting that Johnson will beat Dawson in the rematch because his defense is a lot better than Dawson's. If you pay attention to the first fight you will see that Johnson blocked a lot of Dawson's punches, and if Showtime had compubox stats like HBO did, you would see that fight was a highway robbery. It's going to be that much harder getting a decision over Chad this time though because the rematch is taking place in Connecticut. Johnson needs a KO to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X