Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to see floyd's stans have to say about this, they avoid it like the plague

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    You knobs, I've seen this when the whole Margarito-Mayweather storyline was at it's peak. Some of you just finding out about it now?

It's been argued to death, I guess all the posters of that era are retired and new ******s have taken their place.

Watched the beginning with Arum talking. LOL, the guy was stuttering because even he felt ashamed of his hypocrisy. He says that if Floyd doesn't wanna fight Margarito, he doesn't have to as long as he admits he is scared of a stronger, bigger Welterweight who is better than him.

Fast forward to 2010-2011, and he is burying Tim Bradley as an attraction and ability to sell tickets, and thus will not get a shot at one of his fighters.
    He is burying everyone with the exception of his in house fighters...

PPL simply don't understand... this is a BUSINESS... like it or not... a promoter will tell you today something and then he turn around and will tell you something else the next day...

I mean if Mayweather fights Mosley it's a joke - if Manny fights him it is all out action and a great match up... if Mayweather fights Marquez at WW it is a joke but if Manny fights him at WW it is the bout that everybody was waiting for... we all know what it is...

I never understood what the fuzz is all about because like everyone said: Margarito isn't a great fighter... ppl acting like Mayweather ain't fought Leonard, Robinson, Duran, Heanrs, Hagler, Jones, Hopkins in one fighter and it will hunt his legacy *loooooooooool* when all is said and done Margarito won't be remembered for anything (exception for his wraps and that he was allowed to continue in boxing)... I can understand folks who wanted to see the Cotto match - but Margarito I still don't understand what the fuzz is all about...

As Floyd was the best did somebody cry that Barrera/Morales were ducking him and not moving up to him and that Mosley ain't wanted none of him at 135 (moved up for DLH)... when he was the best at 140 did somebody cry about Cotto/Hatton not wanting some... it must be because it is Floyd...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Again the Marg offer came prior to Baldo...So the at the time is completely accurate.

And, even then Floyd didn't have to give up money to fight Marg like he did with Baldo. So taking that into account Marg was still more, and then take into the account what the PPV would have done. And, reliable sources like Jake Donovan has said that Floyd had to give money back for the Baldo. Still makes that Marg off his career highest at the time.
      And, I don't know why you think Floyd is Marg worse nightmare. Maybe you really weren't following Marg closely at the time. Which I don't blame you, he was ignore for the most part of his career. Therefor no one noticed the danger he brought. Only fighters and people who were following the division closely could know.

Brian Kenny doesn't speak for boxing community.
      tell me when the Baldo deal came up?
      not when it was signed. when it was put on the table?
      the Marg fight was was offered after the Judah fight..you really think Floyd wasnt in talks to make the Baldo fight after getting all the bad press for fighting Judah instead of him. I remember Floyd specifically saying he chose the Baldo one because it came with the lc..just because it made big noise that Floyd turned down the 8 mil Marg fight, dont think he wasnt already in talks making the Baldo for only $1 more..also I dont get what you mean Brian Kenny speaking for boxing community..are you claiming he was the only one saying Floyd must face Baldo..and that HBO wasnt saying that as well?...trainers werent saying this?..everyone included in boxing was saying this. but people have amnesia on this particular period.
      I have already explained to you why Floyd is Margs worst nightmare..no not because a one dimensional blood and guts fighter will have a war with him and make him look "great"..but because a skilled boxer will give him a boxing clinic and make him look less than ordinary..something Floyd is good at doing. it looks much better when Gatti fights Ward in an all out war, giving and taking hard shots..than simply getting outclassed by a slick fighter..wash, rinse, repeat. Ive been involved in this sport alot longer than you think. I know Margs career..wasnt impressed then, am not now.

Comment

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
        tell me when the Baldo deal came up?
        not when it was signed. when it was put on the table?
        the Marg fight was was offered after the Judah fight..you really think Floyd wasnt in talks to make the Baldo fight after getting all the bad press for fighting Judah instead of him. I remember Floyd specifically saying he chose the Baldo one because it came with the lc..just because it made big noise that Floyd turned down the 8 mil Marg fight, dont think he wasnt already in talks making the Baldo for only $1 more..also I dont get what you mean Brian Kenny speaking for boxing community..are you claiming he was the only one saying Floyd must face Baldo..and that HBO wasnt saying that as well?...trainers werent saying this?..everyone included in boxing was saying this. but people have amnesia on this particular period.
        I have already explained to you why Floyd is Margs worst nightmare..no not because a one dimensional blood and guts fighter will have a war with him and make him look "great"..but because a skilled boxer will give him a boxing clinic and make him look less than ordinary..something Floyd is good at doing. it looks much better when Gatti fights Ward in an all out war, giving and taking hard shots..than simply getting outclassed by a slick fighter..wash, rinse, repeat. Ive been involved in this sport alot longer than you think. I know Margs career..wasnt impressed then, am not now.
        The Baldo deal was negotiated after his buyout. He negotiated with Goosen. Had a deal with Goosen but later backed out of the deal.

And, Marg was also offered for Floyd prior to the Judah fight.

And, Marg brought stuff that would have troubled Floyd as well. It wouldn't have been an easy as you making it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          Exactly, no link. You like to make up history with J-hosales.

Floyd never said Margarito was easy work. Turns out Floyd would've fought Margarito for 8 mil, but Arum couldn't guarantee Floyd the 10 mil he wanted in the following fights. This forced Floyd to break his contract with Arum.

These are facts. Or as you might put it "fax".

I made a thread, just for you.

Just to show the board how much about boxing you really don't know.

"Where you be at man? *****s be bucking
          Why you never bucking, where you be at man?"

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            The Baldo deal was negotiated after his buyout. He negotiated with Goosen. Had a deal with Goosen but later backed out of the deal.

And, Marg was also offered for Floyd prior to the Judah fight.

And, Marg brought stuff that would have troubled Floyd as well. It wouldn't have been an easy as you making it out to be.
            Baldo also wanted the Floyd fight before the Judah fight as well.
            and the Baldo deal was negotiated after his buyout, as you said..
            his buyout was following the Judah fight..and Floyd has stated he chose the Baldo deal..over the Marg deal..
            anyways its been good debating with you..dont come on here often anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X