No announcement yet.

Floyd on Mosley, "when I wanted to fight.....he had a toothache"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
    After the second Vargas fight, Shane complained his tooth was loose, this is what Floyd is talking about yeah?

It would be the biggest shame now that Floyd is back if these two great fighters never get in the ring.
    I will continue to say that no matter if this fight gets made now, IT WAS A MUCH BETTER FIGHT AND MORE INTERESTING AT 135.

Comment

Originally posted by V. WEBB JR. View Post
      I will continue to say that no matter if this fight gets made now, IT WAS A MUCH BETTER FIGHT AND MORE INTERESTING AT 135.
      I strongly agree. Even if Floyd were to win, he wouldnt get much credit at this stage due to Mosley's age. Although Mosley looked fantastic against Margarito, he also looked subpar vs Mayorga just 2 fights ago. Floyd needs to fight a prime fighter within his weight-class. Only 2 fighters that come to mind are Pac and Cotto. There is no way he can be discredited for beating anyone of them.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
        I strongly agree. Even if Floyd were to win, he wouldnt get much credit at this stage due to Mosley's age. Although Mosley looked fantastic against Margarito, he also looked subpar vs Mayorga just 2 fights ago. Floyd needs to fight a prime fighter within his weight-class. Only 2 fighters that come to mind are Pac and Cotto. There is no way he can be discredited for beating anyone of them.
        WOW...WEBB AND DEE agree on something!! haha...but you are right. I know just by being here that many wont give him credit for a Mosley when NOW. If Floyd were to put on a dominating performance from START to END, they would question why he fought an "OVER THE HILL" Shane Mosley, so yes Dee I agree with you. I also agree that he need to fight a prime fighter in his class...Pac and Cotto are CLEARLY the front runners, though Pac isn't really a welterweight. But those two fights are the BIGGEST ones in the game and ones that the fans are DYING to see. So I again, I agree.

Comment

classic floyd, knowing the mosley was taking some time off after haivng his tooth knocked loose, uses that time to say he called out mosley. why not call out margarito now knowing that he's suspended?!?!?

all in all, floyd isnt the peoples champ and never will be, he is only concerned about his undefeated record and making as much money as possible without making the fights the people want to see. as far as im concerned, floyd is wasted talent, because we will never see how great he is due to the fact that he hand picks his opponents and doesnt even entertain the fights US WORLD WIDE FANS WANT TO SEE! so how can we ever see greatness if he doesn't fight everyone available at the top levels, in and around his weight class or classes????? the way i see it, floyd is a con job, and selling all of us short, whether you're a fan of his or a critic or a straight hater, it doesn't matter, floyd is not giving us fans what we want and deserve. floyd is good,and probably the most talented but we will never be able to say he's great until he fights all who the fans want to see him fight. and i'm not saying that he loses to this guy or that guy, i don't care if he ever loses, it's not about that with me watching floyd, it's about him running his mouth, selling the people on him being the greatest fighter ever and then not fighting the guys that EVERYONE wants to see him fight, floyds only cop-out is, " they don't sell big ppv numbers ". well earth to floyd, you don't sell tickets either, it's always the guys you're fighting that sells tickets, floyd couldnt even draw a crowd to his fund raiser concert he had out here in vegas a little while back, in his hometown, now what does that tell you, on a weekend too! i'm not knocking the charity, i like that of floyd, even though charities for guys like him with money are only tax shelters, under the guise of being a philanthropist, but whatever, it sends a positive message and that is whats important, now if floyd would send that to his boxing fans by fighting the top guys in his divisions, and not someone who, although marquez did call mayweather out, he's way too small, floyd has every advantage through and through, not giving up one advantage, but my thing is this, floyd is saying that marquez called him out and makes it seem like he was the only one, i remember a bunch of fighters calling out floyd while he was on vacation/retirement/spending his way to debt, but out of all the people he takes marquez to comeback with, hhhhmmmm?????? seems like cherry picking to me.

just fight the fights the fans want to see floyd, no one cares about what you want, so what if you're the guy going into the ring, that is your job, we pay for the tickets, the ppv's, t-shirts, hats, programs, etc, we should have more say in who he or other fighters fight then the fighters, match making should be left up to the public in conjunction with the promoters, since they're the ones taking all the financial risk.

oh and another thing that gets me, is floyd is talking about this guy losing to this guy and that guy losing to that guy, all the while he's not losing, well, bottom line is, you have to take the risk and fight like all of those guys who are still fighting, you're not ever going to lose a contest if you're not in one.

and isnt floyd his own match maker and manager, i know ellerbee is there, but how much does the yesman have influence..........??????

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
            hahahaha....its lame huh? hahaha..he is trash talking JUST like Mosley, I bet you aint call that lame????

Come back fights are usually not your TOUGHEST OR STIFFEST TEST, EVERY TRUE boxing fan knows that. But I must say that JMM will not lay down and he will come ready to fight, you can believe that. He is a VERY good fighter, that is REAL. However, who else is there for him to fight BESIDES ALL THE GUYS THAT EVERYONE SAYS THAT HE HAS DUCKED?

How could a boxing fan be upset or not satisfied AFTER he this long lay off he fights JMM, PAC, COTTO, AND MOSLEY? If one is still not giving the man credit after that, then its PURE HATE, and thats real.
            lol...truth.......

Comment

It was amazing how in a matter of days, it went from Floyd will pull out of the fight, we will never actually see him in the ring with a fast powerful monster Mosley because he will beastman Floyd.

To good ole' Granpa Mosley the man in search of the perfect Arnold Palmer.

Comment

Working...
              X