No announcement yet.

Miesha Tate said: I am not like ronda rousay at all in my life style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by res View Post
    She wasn't trying to outslug her. Rousey always uses striking to close the distance and transition into her Judo.
    She was trading with an elite boxer. She's always used striking, doesn't mean she should have kept that game plan.

Styles do make fights and that's what got her there, but once she got tagged in the face a few times, she should have had a plan B to at least attempt a single leg take down.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      I thought you said you didn't watch MMA and/or weren't a fan of it.
      Im strictly "fair weather"...the kind of fan who watches the playoffs and the superbowl lol. for example I was a big fan of
      Rich Franklin...the middle weight fighter, and Fedorov (sp?) but aside from that and aside from having a lot of respect for Ronda's intelligence I don't follow the fights too much. Ronda also has a fabulous mother...she was a Judo champion and really has her **** together.

On the other hand when i was working at a gym that sponsered the first sanctioned Bay Area professional fights I did watch those guys...helped with the training on occasion also... but these guys were regional.

Comment

Oh yeah, I saw the tournament final on youtube Ronda's mom won by pin. Pretty good skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Oh yeah, I saw the tournament final on youtube Ronda's mom won by pin. Pretty good skills.
          Judo is an example of a sport that is deevolving. The rules keep excluding more and more techniques. traditionally Judo guys (generic i.e. guys and girls) were tough, strong as oxen and fast. But as more technique has left the tourney matches have become all the things which are anethema to the technical knowledge and skills Judoka possess. Its very sad really there was a time when Judo skills were very much in use for self protection and randori took a lot of technical understanding and athletic ability.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            She was trading with an elite boxer. She's always used striking, doesn't mean she should have kept that game plan.

Styles do make fights and that's what got her there, but once she got tagged in the face a few times, she should have had a plan B to at least attempt a single leg take down.
            I don't think a championship fight was where she should have tried out a technique that she is probably a novice at, against a fighter with that kind of movement. And let's remember that she did get Holly in the clinch up against the fence just a little over a minute into the fight. And after a certain amount of punishment i'm sure she was just running on instinct

Comment

Actually Ronda had several takedown attempts and even armbar attempts. Nothing worked. Holly is too good.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                I don't think a championship fight was where she should have tried out a technique that she is probably a novice at, against a fighter with that kind of movement. And let's remember that she did get Holly in the clinch up against the fence just a little over a minute into the fight. And after a certain amount of punishment i'm sure she was just running on instinct
                Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                Actually Ronda had several takedown attempts and even armbar attempts. Nothing worked. Holly is too good.
                I can concede that Holly is just better than Rousey. One thing I think Holm had going for her is she is arguably stronger than Rousey is. She stuffed one Judo take down Ronda tried, and got up from the other.

You could argue the mistakes she made were from being tired. I just remember a certain point late in the 1st round where Ronda repeatedly walked into Holm's straight lefts. Maybe that's all Rousey is. I've heard that her knee issues are why she cant train take downs as much. If she plans on beating Holm that may be her only shot. Because the judo take downs it seems Holly is to mobile and too strong.

Comment

I can concede that Holly is just better than Rousey. One thing I think Holm had going for her is she is arguably stronger than Rousey is. She stuffed one Judo take down Ronda tried, and got up from the other.

You could argue the mistakes she made were from being tired. I just remember a certain point late in the 1st round where Ronda repeatedly walked into Holm's straight lefts. Maybe that's all Rousey is. I've heard that her knee issues are why she cant train take downs as much. If she plans on beating Holm that may be her only shot. Because the judo take downs it seems Holly is to mobile and too strong.

You can tell somewhere around the middle of the first round Rhonda was just running on instinct. I thought watching the fight she was confused and frustrated but in the interview she did with Ellen she said she was basically knocked out in the first. I watched the free fight on You tube tonight, I could see it then. She was out of it from probably the middle of the first round on.

Comment

Why do people keep saying Meisha did well against Rousey? Because she got beat up for longer?

Comment

I think so and because she seemed to have the striking advantage when on the feet.

Comment

Working...
                      X