No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Plans Super Bowl Fight Announcement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    That's the only thing I can think of as to why it's been so secretive.
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    This is the most watched TV event in the United States every year. If Floyd buys a commercial to make the announcement that would be a great way to start promoting the fight.

Millions and millions of eyeballs would be watching.
    True, but those ****s are expensive.
    Now I know that both sides are balling and could easily afford it, but if it's all who we thought it was, would they really throw that much bank down on a Guerrero/Floyd fight?
    The only person I can see who's viable right now for Floyd to fight and get a superbowl commercial is Canelo.
    If they can, more power too them.... but if they did that, I'd get the feeling that they'd really need help selling this fight as it's not that big of an event.

Comment

Floyd probably pisses away more than that in strip bars and on gambling.

Comment

Been saying this for a while.

I don't think it was the orginal plan but once it got close to the Super Bowl I think they wanted to just wait until then to announce it.

I think Mayweather-Guererro has been signed for a while now.

Comment

I can see the Superbowl commercial now... grayscale video, Floyd against a black background, emerging from the shadows as he crosses his arms.

"On May 4th, the best fighter in the world returns in the event of the year, in a quest to solidify his legacy among the legends of the sport..."

Another fighter's black silhouette forms in the distance. The monologue continues.

"One man stands in his way. One man who will stop at nothing to rewrite history."

As the camera draws closer, a faint light falls on the silhouette and reveals the fighter to be... Manny Pacquiao!

"The fight of the decade is finally upon us. The only question is, are you ready?"

The commercial closes with a face off and the obligatory Title and fight date. Fade to black.

Comment

Epic fail.......he had better announce it during one of the commercials then (and come up off 50 Million for the 30 seconds) because no one is changing the channel to hear what Floyd has to say.

Comment

Floyd is going to announce it from his Twitter during the super bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L View Post
                I can see the Superbowl commercial now... grayscale video, Floyd against a black background, emerging from the shadows as he crosses his arms.

"On May 4th, the best fighter in the world returns in the event of the year, in a quest to solidify his legacy among the legends of the sport..."

Another fighter's black silhouette forms in the distance. The monologue continues.

"One man stands in his way. One man who will stop at nothing to rewrite history."

As the camera draws closer, a faint light falls on the silhouette and reveals the fighter to be... Manny Pacquiao!

"The fight of the decade is finally upon us. The only question is, are you ready?"

The commercial closes with a face off and the obligatory Title and fight date. Fade to black.
                This site would shut the **** down if that happened.

Comment

I see it being one of those promos where right after a play, they mention some event

Comment

Unless it's a commercial, which I doubt, it seems odd to do it the day of. People are going to be watching the game, do it sometime during the week and get people talking about it before hand. This fight is signed, just announce the damn thing. Shit is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      I see it being one of those promos where right after a play, they mention some event
                      This right here. It's being broadcasted on CBS after all.

Comment

Working...
                      X