Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Joshua vs Klitschko do the most PPV buys this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK PPV and RTL(Germany) PPV... it would easily break 1mil mark and I think Joshua against Whyte sold around 700k+ ppv so this fight might do twice as much in the U.K. Itself..

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      Well... These are the Sky prices below.

Virgin are similar prices, and bear in mind these do not include prices for you having broadband, this is just TV.

Boxnation will also set you back an extra £12 a month if you arent with a provider that gives you the channel for free.

Cheapest option: Sky Original Bundle (£22.50) + Sky Sports 1 (£14) = £36.50/month

Cheapest HD option: Sky Family Bundle (£38) + Sky Sports 1 (£14) + HD Pack (£6) = £58/month

Cheapest bundle with all Sky Sports channels: Sky Original Bundle (£22.50) + Sky Sports Pack (£27.50) = £50/month

Cheapest HD bundle with all Sky Sports channels: Sky Family Bundle (£38) + Sky Sports Pack (£27.50) + HD Pack (£6) = £71.50/month

Pretty expensive isnt it, which makes it easier to understand why we dont pay as much for our PPV's.
      Yep, my bill is about £120

Comment

Well... These are the Sky prices below.

Virgin are similar prices, and bear in mind these do not include prices for you having broadband, this is just TV.

Boxnation will also set you back an extra £12 a month if you arent with a provider that gives you the channel for free.

Cheapest option: Sky Original Bundle (£22.50) + Sky Sports 1 (£14) = £36.50/month

Cheapest HD option: Sky Family Bundle (£38) + Sky Sports 1 (£14) + HD Pack (£6) = £58/month

Cheapest bundle with all Sky Sports channels: Sky Original Bundle (£22.50) + Sky Sports Pack (£27.50) = £50/month

Cheapest HD bundle with all Sky Sports channels: Sky Family Bundle (£38) + Sky Sports Pack (£27.50) + HD Pack (£6) = £71.50/month

Pretty expensive isnt it, which makes it easier to understand why we dont pay as much for our PPV's.
        Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Lowest is about £30, but noone gets that. We get screwed on the subscription, US gets screwed on PPV, its really a myth that we pay less. Sky puts a hell of a lot into publicising boxing, you can see them deserving a cut of the PPV, 50% for HBO is mental, doesnt seem like they do a lot at all for boxing

Ohhhhh man. That is a bunch load of money. I mean what the heck is going on with those prices.
        That's just crazy.
        What if you don't have SKY at all and you want to buy the PPV?
        Is that even possible?

Comment

Yeah I have virgin XL TV, Sky sports full package and 200 MB broadband with home phone landline aswell. Thankfully they gave me Boxnation and BT Sport for free with the deal they have with them, but altogether I'm paying roughly £140 a month and that's on a reduced rate for being a customer since their NTL days.

I had Jedi Vader having a go at me the other day because i had HD Stream links, like i always do and was posting them to people in PM's who asked.

He accused me of harming boxing because i was streaming, soon shut up when i told him i was watching on Boxnation and that i already pay over £1500 a year just in my subscriptions so **** paying another £100 a year to watch PPV's.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
            Ohhhhh man. That is a bunch load of money. I mean what the heck is going on with those prices.
            That's just crazy.
            What if you don't have SKY at all and you want to buy the PPV?
            Is that even possible?
            You need to have some form of cable subscription to Sky but you dont need to have a sky sports package.

Sky box office is its own PPV Channel, so you can pay £22.50 for a basic sky tv packagwe with no sports and just order ppv's from box office when they are on.

Comment

I think this comfortably does 1 million buys here in the UK.

I'd also say that a higher proportion of UK fans watch en masse in pubs than the US fans who tend to watch at home in small groups or alone. There'll be thousands of pubs and bars that buy that card PPV around the country and those pubs can have anywhere between 50 and 200 people in them.

Boxing is just having a diamond run right now in the UK and it's great to be in a bar full of people going crazy for the home fighter whilst we're doing so well on the world scene.

Our PPV's cost less, and i think we get an awful lot more for our money in terms of those specific PPV's but an awful lot of people in the UK are payng anywhere between 40 -120 pounds a month for their TV, sport and broadband packages before we even think about PPV events, so if Sky even tried to charge over 20 quid for one they'd get lynched by the public.

You make a great point. Here in the USA the outrageous prices of PPV was a huge reason why boxing went into decline. Not only did it already have the stigma of the least attractive sport to compete in due to injury for young guys, but now its ridiculously expensive to watch as well.

Comment

120!? And you pay for additional ppv per fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  UK PPV and RTL(Germany) PPV... it would easily break 1mil mark and I think Joshua against Whyte sold around 700k+ ppv so this fight might do twice as much in the U.K. Itself..
                  RTL is not PPV. Its like a basic cable channel. Even I have RTL and I don't even live in a German speaking country.
                  It will be free in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                    120!? And you pay for additional ppv per fight?
                    Yeah its pretty expensive, but that price usually incorporates a landline phone and broadband, at least mine does for a tiny bit more (£140) .

In the UK we have the benefit of the companies not being segregated or restricted to where they can be like they are in the US, and we have laws that every member of the public has to have access to a certain strength broadband for a certain price, so providers bundle it all into one big fibre package.

My package is something like the below, its been that long i dont really check it on my bills anymore.

1000 channels including all sky sports, BT Sports ( for the UFC ) and boxnation.

200mb fibre broadband with 20mb upload.

unlimited home phone calls 24/7

£138.44 was my bill last month

I wouldnt mind, but i have all those channels and i watch about.... 9 ? LOL
                    Last edited by yammy25; 03-25-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

You need to have some form of cable subscription to Sky but you dont need to have a sky sports package.

Sky box office is its own PPV Channel, so you can pay £22.50 for a basic sky tv packagwe with no sports and just order ppv's from box office when they are on.
                      22,50 £ is the cheapest SKY subscription?
                      Ah okay, and the price is the same, like 17 £? Even if you order on the date of the fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X