Clear All

• In you opinion..what is more important in boxing..power..or defense

vote and discuss
    power
    28.57%
    defense
    71.43%

The poll is expired.

Defence. Not getting hit is a bigger advantage than hitting hard.

Comment

Defense but it's kind of a rigged question since power is just one aspect of offense. It'd be like asking what's more important offense or head movement.

Comment

Defense wins championships..

It's proven in every sport...

Comment

Defense quite easily.

Comment

Power is one of the least important things in boxing...but it makes it more exciting for sure.

Comment

Shít question. Thread smells trollish.

Should be offense vs. defense.

Is defense more important than power? Sure. Is defense more important than landing effective punches? No. Fight's are won by punches landed. At least Roger Mayweather thinks so. Iirc, he said that before Mayweather/Corrales.

And defense doesn't win championships, it just helps win championships. How tf is a team gonna win by defending all night and not scoring points? And ffs this isn't football, the boring football, basketball, or any other sport. This is the hurt business. The object is to land punches on your opponent, last I checked.

Comment

I don't know that I'd place a higher value on one vs the other, but you can have power and still be a garbage boxer. Good defense requires reflexes, speed, skill.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                  Defense but it's kind of a rigged question since power is just one aspect of offense. It'd be like asking what's more important offense or head movement.
                  This. It's just a way for the OP to back his favorite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I don't know that I'd place a higher value on one vs the other, but you can have power and still be a garbage boxer. Good defense requires reflexes, speed, skill.

Agreed, but if a boxer has the speed, skills, and reflexes to be a great defender, but he has shít for power and can't bust a grape, wouldn't that still make them an ineffective fighter?

Limited guys are still limited, wherever their weakness lies. Provo (power, no skill) and Paulie (skill, no power) both come to mind.
                    Last edited by Contra; 10-30-2016, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X