Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik Scott = worst voluntary defense for a world title in years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott isn't even ranked is he? If Joshua fights Scott as a title defense doesn't he need to be ranked? Granted alphabet groups make up their rules as they go & Scott could be ranked magically next month.

Comment

Shocking if it is. I am holding out a slim hope that they get Bryant Jennings, which was rumoured and would be a very solid firat opponent and step up

Scott will just fold, pointless fight

Comment

I really hope that bast*rd doesn't fight in the UK again, after that BS he did against Chisora..

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Shocking if it is. I am holding out a slim hope that they get Bryant Jennings, which was rumoured and would be a very solid firat opponent and step up

Scott will just fold, pointless fight
          Be a tight run of opponents though for poor Jennings

Comment

Originally posted by emre belozoglu View Post
            Chisora is better than skeete
            Still, being stopped by Chisora is embarrassing. I like Del Boy but he's not exactly a banger.

Jennings would be a better choice. He got folded by Ortiz but it's better than being stopped by Chisora or being knocked out by a shot on the gloves by Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by emre belozoglu View Post
              Be a tight run of opponents though for poor Jennings
              True, good money though...

I reckon he'd give Joshua a good fight

Comment

Scott isn't confirmed and neither is the date. Hearn, just a couple days ago said that going up against Fury/Wlad wasn't going to ideal and the date wasn't set in stone.

Comment

Jennings isn't ranked either.

Here's the last IBF rankings

1. NOT RATED
                  2. NOT RATED
                  3. Erkan Teper (suspended for PEDs)
                  4. Anthony Joshua (CHAMPION now)
                  5. Carlos Takam (May 21 vs Parker)
                  6. Joshua Parker (May 21 vs Takam)
                  7. Vyacheslav Glazkov (injured, tore his ACL)
                  8. Kubrat Pulev (May 7 vs Chisora)
                  9. Derek Chisora (May 7 vs Pulev)
                  10. Andy Ruiz (May 14 vs TBA)
                  11. Bermane Stiverne
                  12. Robert Helenius (KO'd in April, scheduled to fight in July vs TBA)
                  13. David Haye (May 21 vs Arnold Gjergjaj)
                  14. Dominic Breazeale
                  15. Jarrell Miller (May 27 vs Nick Guivas)

Comment

Why is it the worst ever?? please explain..I have seen much worse

Comment

much ado about nothing

Another silly thread, put together for the seemingly explicit purpose of the thread poster getting themselves to be upset over something.

-Malik Scott got destroyed in two rounds by Deontay Wilder on Showtime (and took the L against Chisora in the UK, though I have no idea how broadly that fight was seen); with Showtime on the verge of being in the Anthony Joshua business, do you honestly believe that they would set aside the needed budget to air the fight?

-Anthony Joshua is a big draw on his own, but if Hearn's aim truly is to put the fight on at Wembley, is Malik Scott truly a big enough hook to draw 80k people in at the gate to watch?

-Anthony Joshua is officially a Sky Box Office fighter (though the response from Hearn, in an interview for IFL TV, has me thinking that he's not as big a star as they believed him to be at the moment). Joshua vs Malik Scott (even in a first defense) isn't the type of matchup that's going to drive up the TV numbers.

Eric Molina, Johann Duhaupas, Bermane Stiverne, and Lucas Browne; the Chisora-Pulev winner is also an option, but their May fight date moves that off until a likely second voluntary defense.

pick one.

Comment

Working...
                      X