No announcement yet.

Mattyse knock Broner and Porter out in the same night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Garcia's definitely better than Broner, and probably better than Porter. Ruslan has the most iron chin in the sport right now. Lucas landed enough hard punches to KO 3 guys that night.

Broner would be dead meat against Matthysse. He'd be slaughtered. Porter is more interesting.
    Porter would whoop danny ass but danny would probably get the decision

Comment

You are clearly a fan of his. I am a fan too. As a fan you should learn to spell his unusual last name correctly if you are going to write about him. MATTHYSSE. I would love for him to get a rematch with Garcia because I am sure he would KO Garcia in a rematch. I think he would beat Broner and Porter but not on the same night. They are good fighters too and would require his full attention. After beating one of them he would not have enough left to beat the other one on the same night. Porter is a hard fight for anyone.

Comment

i dont think so at all but OK

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          lucas and broner are the same size (according to boxrec) i don't think weight would make a difference between them
          They both uually weigh 157 on fight night too, Matthsse was 151 vs Ruslan because he wanted to be light on his feet. Was 157 vs Molina and Ortiz, Lucas said he wants to move up too. I however think he's best staying at 140, he's not really a big guy.

Comment

I think that Shawn Porter would beat him. I would take Matthysse over Broner, but I think you'd get to a point in the middle of that fight, or maybe even early, where Broner would see that he might get hurt and go into a defensive shell and not make himself available. I think Lucas would win that fight by decision after scoring a couple of knockdowns.

Comment

He doesn't stop Broner no matter the weight; win probably but he doesn't apply the kind of pressure Maidana or Porter put on Broner to make him stop throwing. He def doesn't stop Porter nor do I pick him to win.

Comment

The way he was supposed to ko garcia, judah & alexander?

Comment

Matthysse vs Broner would have been an entertaining style match up. Lucas has his own solid style and doesn't have to apply Maidana's recipe, thus Broner's clinching is totally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    The way he was supposed to ko garcia, judah & alexander?
                    He wasn't supposed to KO Judah or Alexander. He was the underdog in both, and arguably screwed in both. Definitely in the Alexander fight.

Comment

He would definitely beat Broner, Porter might be too big for him though

Comment

Working...
                      X