Saw a wild Coyote while walking my dog tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
    you're very lucky it wasn't hungry and it didn't attack you and your dog

I studied coyotes in high school, here's a tip that could save your life: if you run into one again it's very easy to determine if the coyote is hungry, all you have to do is look at it's front paws, usually when they're hungry they're holding a fork and a knife, pick up your dog and run but if the coyote is wearing a bib forget your dog there's no time save yourself

here's a rare photo of a hungry coyote ready to attack

be safe out there
    jose FTMFW!

Comment

a couple of years ago a pack of coyotes killed a jogger in nova scotia... I've seen them in parks and other suburban areas, they seem to be getting less and less afraid of people. in the provincial park just outside the city where I live there are cougars, wolves, and lots of coyotes, as well as within city limits

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        I saw another vid describing exactly what you posted...was that you by chance?
        No, this was pre-YouTube, camera phone era.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          I live on a creek in Dallas. I see, frequently,

bobcats
          coyotes
          skunks (well, I smell them)
          raccoons
          armadillos
          possum
          the usual assortment of squirrels

plus birds of many species (hawks, egrets, cardinals, blue jays, etc etc)

And f**cking mosquitoes
          I'm watching an old episode of Dallas right now from 1978...I don't know why but I love those old reruns.

We have tons of skunks and racoons...a raccoon came into my 2nd storey apt once. My dog chased it out. We have bears/cougars/deer/eagles/blue herons/geese/swans/owls/seals/whales...off the top of my head all in the city or suburbs.

Comment

Working...
          X