Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinidad vs. Quartey Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Yeah, that's why I hedged with a prime Ike because he wasn't in his prime by the time he fought Oscar. He was also pretty inactive at that point. The version of Quartey who fought Carr, for instance, I thought could beat any welter in the world. But it's hard to pick against a Tito who was so great at adjusting (at least at welter he was) and hit like bricks."

I agree man, I think he would've been too strong for Trinidad and man his jab, still to this day, is the best I've ever seen. Ike Quartey was a very underrated fighter in my opinion.

Comment

This would be a good fight but I may have to take trinidad. Not because he was the better boxer but he was the bigger star. Trinidad in no shape form or fashion beat Delahoya who worked him with a jab and movement but they gave trinidad the decision. Oscars corner lost bhim that fight but truth be told it wasnt even that close Oscar won the firts seven round and was never knocked down in the fight.

Quartey could befuddle Trinidad with the Jab abd was as sturdy as they came but I agree he loved to trade punches and with trinidad that is the wrong answer. If Ike just boxes and keeps his distance he wins an easy decision but if he trades could be a close fight down the stretch.

Comment

Love Quartey BUT let's make this simple;

Who Stand in front of Trinidad and actually won a fight?

On top of that Welterweight? In which Trinidad is undefeated...

Comment

Originally posted by NAPO View Post

Umm, Winky?

I see this fight going all Quartey. I see his jab snapping Tito's head back repeatedly just like the Winky fight, en route to a comfortable UD. The reason why Quartey's jab wasn't too effective in the DLH fight was due to DLH's fantastic movement. Tito didn't have elusive feet, and this will make him a sitting target for one of the best power jabs in recent memory.

Comment

Quartey would have beaten Tito IMO. Tito was very dangerous and had that one punch KO power but Quartey's piston-like jab would frustrate the hell out of him, snap his head back and keep him on his heels so he would constantly have to reset.

Oscar and Lopez dropped Quartey with left hooks but they were both faster, better counter punchers and better combination punchers than Tito and they were both boxing on their toes. Tito always had his weight on the front foot and had a tendency to load up with single shots. Quartey had a tight defense, he would block those left hooks or use his subtle footwork to step out of range when needed.

The possiblity of a KO victory for Tito is VERY high but I would have to favor Quartey 60/40.

Comment

You know he got beat by Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
                Umm, Winky?

I see this fight going all Quartey. I see his jab snapping Tito's head back repeatedly just like the Winky fight, en route to a comfortable UD. The reason why Quartey's jab wasn't too effective in the DLH fight was due to DLH's fantastic movement. Tito didn't have elusive feet, and this will make him a sitting target for one of the best power jabs in recent memory.
                Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

You know he got beat by Oscar.

Right....

Year off layoff + a guy who was in a turtle shell like making lateral movements with his jab. when he was "attacking" he was counter punching Trinidad's left hook/jab..Nice try though

And yes, Oscar WOULD OF beat Trinidad if he didn't run like a ***** in the las 4 rounds.

Personally, I had the fight a draw. You can't hate Trinidad taking the W away from Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                X