Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Joshua vs Klitschko do the most PPV buys this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    Yeah I missed out the first fight.. I will watch today go see if Crilla can do any different than last time.. the main event might probably be around 6pm here say 11pm your time?
    Btw, nice avi man.. I like Hardy.. he brings different with each role, very underrated actor..
    Sounds about right, the card starts at 2pm NY time, so thats what.. 11am LA time?

If you havent watched his series called Taboo yet, i strongly advise you do.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      Yeah I'm pretty sure RTL paid 4 million Euros for the rights to show the fight on their standard cable network
      Yeah 100 %. I also think that is a huge reason why The split is 55/45 in favor of Joshua.
      There is a lot more money from the UK PPV than from German TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
        No dude. You are wrong. Totally wrong. RTL is a basic cable channel that almost every German house have.
        There is no such thing as RTL PPV.
        PPV rarely even exist in Germany.

Klitschko last fights were on RTL the basic cable channel. Why do you think more than 10 million people watch him fight?

Think about it. There is no way more than 10 million pay to watch Klitschko fight?
        I don't know how many countries get RTL, but in Germany the rematch was scheduled on PPV...
        http://www.totalsportek.com/boxing/klitschko-vs-fury-tv-channels/

Comment

I don't know how many countries get RTL, but in Germany the rematch was scheduled on PPV...
          http://www.totalsportek.com/boxing/k...y-tv-channels/

Come on man. You can't be serious. Look at the website. So amateurish. Not a legit boxing site at all.
          Be critical of the source.
          Even the RTL Wikipedia website is way more legit than that site.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            1.2 million is the low estimate. In number of sales itll be the biggest PPV of the year.

Side note, crazy thing I learnt last week, Ali/Frazier in the UK was watched by 27 million, half the population stayed up til 3am, mental
            There were times when literally half the world would watch him. Like a few billion.

Comment

Depends if Canelo vs Golovkin happens this year or not

Comment

Come on man. You can't be serious. Look at the website. So amateurish. Not a legit boxing site at all.
                Be critical of the source.
                Even the RTL Wikipedia website is way more legit than that site.
                Honestly I have referred to that siren before and the news regarding purses are usually spot on.. the only problem is whenever I look up rtl relatedness news some Germany websites should show up and I can't read Deutshe for ****.. anyways, if it's not in ppv then I stand corrected.. thanks for the info..

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  Sounds about right, the card starts at 2pm NY time, so thats what.. 11am LA time?

If you havent watched his series called Taboo yet, i strongly advise you do.
                  Yeah LA and NY are 3hrs apart, since I'm on east coast I guess 5-6pm my time should be the main event.
                  It's by Ridley Scott isn't it? I like Ridley Scott's movies..
                  I have seen the promos of Taboo but haven't caught up on any episodes.. I'll give it a try...

Comment

Honestly I have referred to that siren before and the news regarding purses are usually spot on.. the only problem is whenever I look up rtl relatedness news some Germany websites should show up and I can't read Deutshe for ****.. anyways, if it's not in ppv then I stand corrected.. thanks for the info..
                    I didn't mean to be arrogant or anything.
                    I just found it weird that you keept telling me it was PPV, when I told you it was basic cable.

But yeah, hope everything is cool. Didn't mean to bash you or anything.

Comment

I didn't mean to be arrogant or anything.
                      I just found it weird that you keept telling me it was PPV, when I told you it was basic cable.

But yeah, hope everything is cool. Didn't mean to bash you or anything.
                      we are cool.. I thought it was ppv because i remember reading it on that link.. like I said, that link hasn't accurate details about gave and other purse splits for Wlads previous fights.. But how does Wlad stand to make 15mil from tv deal for his fights? For sure some comes from the sponsorship but he makes money out of tv deal too

Comment

Working...
                      X