Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Earnie shavers used a completely outstretched arm to knock down Holmes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come Earnie shavers used a completely outstretched arm to knock down Holmes?

to knockdown Larry Holmes and it was almost a KO.

I thought you couldnt get any power on an out stretched arm? I know you are thinking shavers can do whatever he wanted because he was a freak of nature, but if the arm gives way then it doesnt matter how powerful you are the power wont be transmitted. Especially with an overhand right like Earnie threw.

Obviously the power was transmitted and alot of guys hook this way with fully out stretched arms, Tommy morrison is another example, he KOed a guy with what looked like a jab but was actually an out stretched left hook.

Also sorry to those I havnt replied to I tried alot but my computer keeps glitching like mad when I go to this web site and another forum, really annoying!

Also I noticed this left hook swing is being used alot to start a combination, guys like Lennox Lewis, Canolo did it against mayweather, just recently Frotch got his KO with a left swing followed by a right cross.

Comment

So how to you throw a good swing like the pros do? Also the pros seem to say "fcuk-it" to the "textbooks" are the textbooks inferior written by clever book smart guys that have never been in the ring before? It seems to me like the pros are the real experts and they do things that actually work rather than just sound like they work in theory.
      Last edited by AlexKid; 06-22-2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X