Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
    what's your fave Hitchcock film?

i have Vertigo, Rear Window & North by Northwest which i, sad to say, haven't watched yet
    quite difficult to choose right?

if pressed, my usual answer is notorious and rear window with strangers on a train not very far behind...

vertigo was excellent as well but out of personal preference the two aforementioned films take the cake for me...

north by northwest was very good but its not the best "innocent man on the run" hitchcoc k vehicle IMO... that accolade belongs to 39 steps...

difficult question you had there dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      quite difficult to choose right?

if pressed, my usual answer is notorious and rear window with strangers on a train not very far behind...

vertigo was excellent as well but out of personal preference the two aforementioned films take the cake for me...

north by northwest was very good but its not the best "innocent man on the run" hitchcoc k vehicle IMO... that accolade belongs to 39 steps...

difficult question you had there dude...
      im currently downloading his entire filmography (50gb, yikes)

Vertigo currently holds the top position for the "greatest", Citizen Kane now at #2

dunno bout that but for me Kane is still better

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
        im currently downloading his entire filmography (50gb, yikes)

Vertigo currently holds the top position for the "greatest", Citizen Kane now at #2

dunno bout that but for me Kane is still better
        i really don't subscribe to "best lists" things... specially when it concerns art... its a human enterprise that is judged subjectively unlike science and math...

that said, "kane" is a pure expression of film as an artform but i find it's narrative lacking... maybe that just me...

so, what makes "kane" the GOAT in your opinion?

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
          i really don't subscribe to "best lists" things... specially when it concerns art... its a human enterprise that is judged subjectively unlike science and math...

that said, "kane" is a pure expression of film as an artform but i find it's narrative lacking... maybe that just me...

so, what makes "kane" the GOAT in your opinion?
          not necesarily saying Kane is the GOAT, just better than Vertigo IMO

for me Godfather is the GOAT, great character development & rich in narrative

what about yours?

Comment

• as previously stated...

i'd like to add billy wilder's "sunset boulevard" and "double indemnity..."

once you are done with hitchco ck's filmography bump up this thread and do your own review...
            Last edited by talip bin osman; 08-30-2012, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• Battleship: A-

was pretty entertaining & action packed. Killing aliens is always fun & never gets old plus brooklyn decker is in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                Battleship: A-

was pretty entertaining & action packed. Killing aliens is always fun & never gets old plus brooklyn decker is in it.
                watched it but the story's ridiculous

B-

Comment

• You guys ever see 1408!?

Id call it a mix between horror and thriller... One of my personal favorites, Id give it an A, maybe unbiasely a B+.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    You guys ever see 1408!?

Id call it a mix between horror and thriller... One of my personal favorites, Id give it an A, maybe unbiasely a B+.
                    yep, John Cusack & Sam Jax

ultimate headfuck film like Shutter Island

Comment

• 'Models'.
                      Made in 1999. The most realistic film ive ever seen. It basically is like a fly on the wall documentary which shows us snapshots from the lives of a group of female models. its funny, sad, kinda messed up at times. And i believe much of it is improvised or just plain real. Very difficult to tell. Totally hypnotic.
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0199776/reviews

Comment

Working...
                      X