No announcement yet.

To those who have actually sparred and been to a boxing gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
    The question you should be asking is: Why didn't Floyd let Maidana use the gloves Maidana chose.
    Nope. The question is: why does he have modeling type pictures of a grown man in his signature?

Comment

sparred with 10, 12, and 14 oz gloves....I preferred lighter gloves

no matter how heavy the glove is it, still is a shock to get hit but at least with lighter gloves you can get your punches off faster.

Ive made threads like this before and out of the thousands on here, especially the ones that call pro fighters cowards, tomatoe cans, etc. have never stepped in the ring.

Saying the boxing ring is the loneliest place in the world is an understatement

Comment

only a person that has never been in the ring thinks that 2 oz. makes a real difference in punching power

gloves were introduced to boxing to protect the fighter's hand...not his opponents face or body.

from experience a punch is a punch

Comment

Maidana obviously didn't have sparring gloves, and I doubt anyone seriously thinks that. The fact remains that there is a difference between the gloves though. If it wasn't a big deal, why the hell would Floyd make him wear another pair of gloves and pay him $1.5 million to do so?

Comment

No never.... That's stupid to spar in 8oz gloves..

The point of sparring is to refine your skills, 8oz gloves your just wrecking each

I usually spar in 16oz gloves and I walk around at 165ish

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
              Maidana obviously didn't have sparring gloves, and I doubt anyone seriously thinks that. The fact remains that there is a difference between the gloves though. If it wasn't a big deal, why the hell would Floyd make him wear another pair of gloves and pay him $1.5 million to do so?
              Cause that fraud will protect his "0" at all cost, by ducking, retiring, pay his opponent for extra weight, and the latest one is paying Maidana 1.5 mil dollars to use a heavy padded foam gloves. That last stunt he did made? I totally lost whatever respect left I have for him as an arrogant self-centered punk, and a fighter. What a BIG pu55y that thing is.

Comment

Oh yeah. About the question? 16oz gloves is only allowed to used at the gym I train, and I only weight 165lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                  The question you should be asking is: Why didn't Floyd let Maidana use the gloves Maidana chose.
                  Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Nope. The question is: why does he have modeling type pictures of a grown man in his signature?
                  Ya'll keep talkin'. Larry is out for blood, yo. He gon' murk dat azz.

Comment

Sparring in 8 oz gloves would be ludicrous. Cuts and swelling would be way too often, plus your hands don't have enough protection.

Comment

Working...
                    X