No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Responds To Deontay Wilder's Call Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I'd argue they are titlests yes, but they are also The Champion of their divisions by virtue of being the clear #1 in their division.

Aren't they in different divisions now? Fair enough at 122. But once they are at 126 Rigo ain't got nothing to do with nothing. I mean unless he moves up to or I'm confused about who's fighting where.

The list of things damaging boxing is long. This is barely a blip on the boxing radar.

I don't think I mentioned anything about drawing power so idk what that has to do with anything I'm talking about.

I disagree...obviously. There are title holders & there are champions. But the boxing world is far too effed up to have the expectation of a champion only being the lineal mythical title holder or some undisputed title holder to be the champion.

This is a whole new era. And a whole new set of rules cuz the old sh^t don't fit anymore. So whoever has clearly shown themselves to be a level or more above the rest of his division or the top 2 or 3 guys in softer divisions = he's the champion & everyone else is a paper champion or title holder.

Thats how I see it these days cuz its nearly impossible to make title holders fight on any reasonable schedule. And the lil guys with titles virtually NEVER fight each other so those are just pure bs divisions with no top guy ever if we use your dated & no longer relevant logic.
    I think that we both want to see a unification fight, and it's just that we differ on who we call the hvw champion. And it's not old to want a unification or a undisputed hvw champion. Joshua can unify the titles in his back yard but he wants to fight mandatories for money and let Hearn dictate who he fights. It's a crying shame. The baddest man on the planet is alled that for a reason and Joshua doesn't fit that mold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      What goes out of the window? You can't be talking about the IBF mandatory surely?
      No, about making a fight with klitschko cuz he retired.

Comment

Working...
      X